SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just got one question. Any reason you boast about having a 91 engine in your 93? Was just reading the other thread about tranny fluids and "then again i have a 91sr20 in mine". Cause the engine from the 91 to 93 never changed. Maybe LATE LATE 93's might have the low port, and ever so slightly milder cams but 93's have the same engine as 91, 92's. EXACTLY.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Kinda a long story.... OK. I was driving my 91 down a road, when some bitch decided not to stop at a stop sign. Our two cars met and the damage to my car was considered a total loss. After a couple months I got the insurance money from the ho bag. During those two months I bought a 93 classic for cheap because it had a tired, cams worn down, high port SR20. So I took the 91 motor and threw it in the 93. It feels so much better to have the 91 power. There it is.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Understandable...sorta. Terms may be a bit mixed up tho...the 91 is a high port so is the 92 and the 93. So Im guessing it was a late 93 with the LOW port(throttle body up high). Ive been in both, and cant say there was much of a difference in the 93 and the 94(high vs. low port). The 91's feel hella rough compared to the 93's tho, my car is rough but nothing like some of the 91's Ive been in. Until late 93 there was no change to the car mechanicly. Only difference in 93 was a lower front spoiler, painted rocker panals, cruise option(started in 92), auto was an option for the first time, and change in interior cloth. But interesting that your 93 had a low port(Assumingly) I havent seen many of those. They started putting the low ports in I would guess around sept or so considering how far in advance they retool for the next year. I would guess that hey changed to the low port that early for tests, considering that the 94 was totaly identical to the 93's. They knew they had to change to the b14 in a year or two to meet the air bag laws and emmisions. Since they dont like just throwing an untested redsign of an engine in a car they were testing the low port.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Yeah, I love the front spoiler too. You have to remember that the exhaust cam was changed for the worse when it came to changing the engine in late 93. The interior of my 93 is sooo much more comfortable than my 91 too.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, thought i mentioned the cam, guess i didnt. God I love the front end on my 93 soooooo much better than a 91,92. The interior is a little nicer, dont know about it yet. I like the colors better, and the cloth is softer dont know if thats better or worse. But as me and a few of my friends have come to call my car, the luxo crusier, damn automatic with soft interior. LOL Calum and I both were suprised as hell on how rough Eric's 91 was compaired to my 93.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not in the floor...how is it down there
. Its on the dash beside the power window control. Or as I say I have 3 cheat buttons in the car. The Loud button on the radio(long time joke with car stereo friends we used to call it the cheat button), the overdrive switch, and the POWER button. Gota say it in the Tim Allen voice tho

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Actually, it was the intake cam that was changed, not the exhaust cam

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
I thought it was the exhaust cam due to EGR crap. I also like my 93 tail lights better than 91s. Out of topic, but where exactly is the ECU in the 91. I wanna take out all the important parts and goodies before junking the thing.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
sweet, thnx mike. lemme know if any of you guys want some parts for a reasonably cheap price.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What are you doing? Parting out your car? Whatcha got, Im looking for some various things just let me knwo whatcha got.

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Nope, it was in fact the intake cam. The head design changed in '94 (high port to low port) and so did the intake cam. That's why you hear everyone with a low port motor trying to get a '91-'92 intake cam.

David
'98 SE w/High Port Primera Intake Cam

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Ahh I see. Yes I am parting out the car, and I have to do it fast so lemme know..

------------------
93 SE-R with 91 SR20DE. When you're driving an SE-R, you're living. Everything else is just waiting.

Thinkin of suspension....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts