SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By how much has your gas mileage suffered when you added a new mod? Which mod was worst about this?

·
SR20 Enthusiast
480 Posts
I can get 348miles on 12 gallons. Varied driving. The light is on after that but I can always fit about 12 gallons in.

------------------
98 200SX SE-R, CAI, AEBS Header, Greedy Exhaust, JWT Motor Mounts, Pullies, Nismo fuel press.reg, JWT C1 cams and JWT gears, Valve Springs and Titanium Retainers, ACT HD/PP, Clutchmasters Flywheel, JWT Computer,Bored Airflow Meter.

·
RE-F/ING-TIRED:)
1,318 Posts
mods haven't affected my mpg's, and never a mod induced mil light. bought the car new, it got ~32mpg. it now has 112k and my last few tankfulls netted me ~33mpg. this is with easy freeway cruising. YMMV

Ric
97 se-r w/I,H,E,C,P,ECU

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
I get about 275 miles a tank. That is beating on it quite a bit and mostly city driving. On the way to the convention I was able to get about 400 miles on one tank.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
all you guys who have ecu's shouldn't see any mpg degredation. but jwt doesn't make an ecu for me. that being said, i have seen my mpg slowly get worse. until jwt makes my ecu (please), i'll just deal w/ 250 miles to a tank.

stiletto

99 Sentra SEL platinum gold w/ HS headers and CAI, custom b-pipe, arospeed exhaust, magnecor 8.5mm wires, eibach pro-kit, courtesy nissan frt and rear STB, smc short shifter, greddy knob, jwt clutch, k&n crankcase breather, 17 deg. timing, clear corners and taillights and not a single stock bulb.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
You do know you can modify the 99 harness and use a 95-97 wolf ecu.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
I got about 35mpg in my black car. It was modded with s4's,jwt ecu,hs 3rd gen header, 2.5 catback, pop charger(steallen), and a LEAD FOOT BEHIND IT!!!!
But now I have a blue one and I got about 42mpg on the way home from picking it up in wisconsin. I only had to fill up a couple of times on the 1000 mile trip home. What a wonderful thing!!!

If anything I think I gained gas mileage in my modded black one compared to stock. Good luck with your decisions on modding.

Mark Merliss
97 SR20 SE-R (pacific sun blue)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts