SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tranny was cryo treated and welded. If you can tear down the tranny yourself, you can get the gears cryoed at a company in LA/OC area. I forgot the name of the place , but it was like $110.00 for all the gears. George @ JWT is the person who builds all of the trannies for SR20 Development. Chris(Biggie) has George do all the labor for SR20 Development. I dynoed 240hp & 290 ft/lbs on a completely stock motor and the JWT 100 shot when the tranny finally gave. I had 100000 miles on the motor and tranny; squeezing on about 50000 miles before it finally gave out. I was running consistant 12.8-12.9 @ 105-106 mph with the 100 shot. I think Biggie's number is 619-69-TURBO! I would strongly suggest getting an ignition. You will find out the hard way that the stock ignition is not good after 250-260 hp. I wish I could make it! Good luck this weekend!

------------------
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1497569&a=11327630

Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R
349.6 hp & 288.9 ft/lb @ 19 psi, 13.6 @ 111 mph(Street Tires),12.3 @ 115.6 mph(Slicks), Bluebird SR20DET w/ GTiR Pistons,T3/T04E,Deltagate Wastegate (7-9 PSI) FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Type "R" BOV, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Sumitomo 205/40/ZR17 Tires (Street), 13x7.5 White Lenso VPD's w/ Mickey Thompson 24x8x13 Slicks(Drag)

[This message has been edited by APEXSER (edited 04-02-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
Hey Louis, I have a question about your trany, did you tear down the trans and had the gears cyroed? or did you purchase the whole thing already done up? how much power were you making before the stock trans went out? someone at the SE-R dyno day told me that sr20 development sold them, but I have not been able to locate them.
we are starting our test and tune on the dyno to get it ready for this up coming weekend in Palmdale,
so thanks for your help

------------------
ALL OUT!
http://sirious91s.s5.com/
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1605934&shownewphotos=true
1991 Nissan Sentra SER
KYB AGX Struts,Ground Control street set up,17*7 Racing Hart C2's on Nitto 205/40zr/17's no brakes (yet) talking to Baer and Kooltech,
1993 SR20DE motor from a wrecked automatic G20, Honed and tapped for pistion squrters by JWT,DET squrters,Crower Rods, GTiR main bearings,Arias pistons,HKS metal head gasket, ARP studs for the mains and Head,entire botoom end balanced by Bensons,custom kevlar clutch,Portflow ported and polished head,5 angle valve job,JWT S3 cams,Nissan Motorsport Cam Sprokets,JWT ECU JWT polished fuel rail/70lbs MSD Injectors, Cobra MAF,
300zxTT fuel pump upgrade,AEM fuel pressure regulator,F-MAX stage 2 turbo kit, HKS wastegate,and recirculation valve.TurboneticsT3/T40E Ball Bearing Turbo,Front mount intercooler. silicone hoses for all water and vaccume lines,Earls fittings and steel braided lines for fuel and oil,polished valve cover, autometer phantom guages for Boost,Exhaust Gas Temp,Water Temp,Oil pres. and Air fuel, 3 gauges are mounted on a custom bezel where the A/C vents used to be..still to come... ignition? boost controler? seats? roll cage, and brakes....

G

·
0 Posts
Hey Louis thanks for the response, im going to see if I can hunt down a company that does the cyro down here in LA, I am can tear down and rebuild the trans.
for the ignition, we went ahead and just got an MSD 6A with the stock coil, and as for the boost controller, were going with the Greddy profec B.
we were going to fire up the monster monday but are running into some electrical problems, cant get the ECU working, we have been talkin to Clark, looks looks like we have a bad ground somewhere in the car, if we cant get it to fire tonite, were going to tow it to JWT, Clark told us to give him 10 minutes and he would find the problem, lol
well once we get it going, well put it on the dyno and see how much it puts out, ill keep you guys informed on how it goes.
thanks Danny

G

·
0 Posts
****UPDATE*****
Well with Clarks help, we have located the problem, seems that the ECU grounds that hook up to the intake manifold around the throtlebody area, were all corroded and had to much resistance, after I repaired the wiring the ECU fired right up and we were ready to go. tommorow were gona take it to the dyno and make sure everything is running ok, hopefully it wont rain this weekend..

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am glad everything is starting to fit in it's place. If I can help you with anything, just let me know. Good Luck with your build up.

Louis Anaya

G

·
0 Posts
thanks louis, Well we got the engine runing today, after cranking for a while and adjusting timing, i finally got it to fire AWWWWW man she sounds so mean!!! well we looked and looked everywhere for a dyno that was avaliable for some tuning tomorow, but had no luck, all the dyno shops are swamped because of this weekend in Palmdale, after much thougt, i decided not to run the car, before I make some serious runs, I want to put it on a dyno and make sure everything is fine, so well be there next time to race, as of this weekend ill be a spectator(wishing that I was racing!) but oh well we came close but didnt make it,
Thanks for your help Louis, Ill be sure to hit you up when I come across some problems or questions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts