SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
EVO-lishus
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a GTi-R T-28 turbo. Would it be better to take the T-3 compressor housing and use a housing like say for example a S14 T-28 which i thought uses the same turbine on a T-25...(im not sure).... Has anybody ever tried this or have this set up..what kind of hp's would it make like ie. @ 16psi??

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yes, it would be better. The S14 T28 uses a T04B compressor housing. This housing will be available to the public in the next few months through Garrett. This would be a better alternative than hogging out the T3 compressor housing and installing a larger compressor wheel. This cuts into the diffuser of the housing and decreases it efficiency.

While you are in there, it would be a good idea to upgrade the compressor wheel to a 62 trim T3 wheel. The stock wheel is a 60 trim T3 wheel. Don't get the Super 60 wheel. It is not as efficient as the 62 trim.

At 18 psi, you can expect around 300-320 hp to the wheels with this turbo.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
well the pulsar turbo (part #14411-54C00) uses a t3 compressor housing and a t25 turbine housing just for refrence and the a/r on the comp. side is .6 (already said) and on the turbine side it is .86

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yes, it was the setup I was going to go with before I sold my T28 and got an F-MAX kit. Ray Kawski has the exact same turbo and he is very happy with it.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
I am the current owner of Jay's t28 that he was going to use. I am running the t25 that came on my bb until I have the cash to extrude hone the manifold and elbow and get them coated. I am also going to do the s14 compressor mod and go with a 62 trim wheel unless Jay has a good reason to stick with the super 60 wheel thats on there now :)

Matt Ostlund
93NX
91SE-R DET

·
Registered
267 Posts
I am also going to do the s14 compressor mod and go with a 62 trim wheel unless Jay has a good reason to stick with the super 60 wheel thats on there now :)

***Yeah, I say go with the 62 trim T3 wheel. It is better than the Super 60.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.