SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like I may be joining the 200SX SE-R crowd soon. I am going to look at a 95 200sx se-r 5 spd on saturday. It has about 78k on the clock and seems to be pretty well taken care of. My main dealing with Nissans has been B13s so I was wondering if you guys had any tips for me when I look at this vehicle.
Is there any common problems with that year or just the 200SX in general?
Is there any certain things I should look out for or any parts that tend to fail?
or just any other suggestions in general, when I am examining this car?

It would be greatly appreciated of course and Id even buy you a beer at the convention!! :)

I plan to use this car as my daily driver and will probably keep it bone stock, as spinnin my tahoe on 22s is kickin my wallet in the balls at the west coast gas pumps.. so i can justify buying another SR20 car while my Monster NX continues its turbo build up...plus I just miss driving a Nissan :cool:

Thanks in advance for your time

·
Registered
405 Posts
Check the inside of the door near the hinge there is usually a rust problem there same as with the B13's, and if the door can be moved up and down a few inches its ok the lower hinge is easlier replacable. I don't think that you will have a rust prob. being from where you are though, I can't really think of anything else besides that besides the obvious things you would look at when purchasing a used car.

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
make sure the drivers side window switch rolls the window up w/o tugging the **** out of it :tongue:

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks boyz... keep the suggestions coming its all good info!!
I appreciate it, its gonna be hard, if i do get this, to try to save my money and not want to modify it, I have the bad habit of doing that sometimes...LOL as it seems i hook up all my rides daily driver or not :cool:

·
Wants Primera Race Motor
2,390 Posts
tailights and trunk leaks water...specially on the 95's.. i'd check the motor mounts too.

good luck..

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Just check all the usual used car stuff. There's not much wrong with the car. I've never really had any problems with my car that have been becuase of a design defect or anything like that. I'd say, if you could...check the codes! That's what happened to me. They must have reset the damn thing. Becuase then it takes a while for the CEL to come back up. It takes awhile and they might not like you diggin into the car like that. But, I don't know...stupid used cars suck. Hehe...

·
Red line chaser
2,040 Posts
Check the motor mounts and bushings (if possible).
Check the inner door jambs for rust and cracking paint (usually has rust hiding under it)
Check alignment of all body panels and look for color variations from one panel to the next.
Make sure the AC & heat work to your liking.
Get in a good test drive to see how the car "feels". That will reveal a lot.

Hope that helps a little. ;)

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
all suggestions appreciated!! I will be heading down to look at it tomorrow!! I hope all goes well and again thanks for all the info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts