SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Me likes Big Ol Booties!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the back of the turbo, this is connected by an arm to the fpr, right? Okay, somehow that piece became detached and is there an easy way to get that back on without taking off the turbo manifold? Has this happened to people before???

I was told that I need to screw that back onto the fpr and then stretch it to get back into the back of the turbo, but sounds easier than it looks. Suggestions??? Thread-lock this time?

·
The Serbaninator
3,241 Posts
fpr sure as hell isn't on the turbo. You are looking at the wastegate buddy.

Suggestion: Don't touch a damn thing until you know exactly what each piece is.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
chimmike said:
fpr sure as hell isn't on the turbo. You are looking at the wastegate buddy.

Suggestion: Don't touch a damn thing until you know exactly what each piece is.

yep leave it alone until you identify what it is before you F**** it up, but the FPR=fuel pressure regualtor is no where near the turbo

trini

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
its a PITA to get back on with the turbo on the car. we just wrapped some HD wire around it and its been holding for a while. but, my car is ghetto so i dont care :rofl:

david said:
there is a only a small c-clip that holds the arm to the flapper. It can happen if the c-clip was loose or just not the right size.

·
Me likes Big Ol Booties!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wrapped wire around it? Not sure if it's the same, but the piece that screws onto the wastegate came off.

I was told that I need to take it out of the back of the turbo and then screw it back onto the wastegate, then stretch it over and put that actuator back into the back of the turbo. Sound about right?

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
You are running a GT28RS right? What manifold is it running on? Then yeah it sounds like the wastegate rod was made to fit. Didn't JGY do the install?

Your best bet will be to take the whole turbo/manifold assembly off. You will have a very hard time reaching that to thread the rod back on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts