SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my friend and I are in the midst of doing a bluebird motorswap on a 1997 200SX SE-R. I've searched and searched and come up with nothing. Also the search engine here doesn't allow me to search for synonyms. So I would be much obliged to gather some info from the much more well informed. Thank you for your time.

1. What kind of spark plug wires are the best to use in the bluebird SR20DET swap? And where can I buy them?

2. Who sells good not cheap motor mounts for this swap? (97 200SX SE-R with swapped bluebird)

3. Can the stock 200 SX powersteering line be used on the bluebird? I have heard that you need to use the bluebirds because of the 90 degree bend. But the one on my bluebird engine has been cut, and is un-useable.

·
Wants Primera Race Motor
2,390 Posts
ngk blues
prothane or energy suspension
the stock power steering lines should all be lining up fine
you can use the B14 ps fitting, just carefully bend it out of the way with a screwdriver
just like you would need to do with a nismo fpr.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks everyone for the quick responses. We have an ECU already flashed from JWT ready to go. One question though, we plan on running a cat-delete but are worried about throwing a CEL. Is there any way we can run either an O2 simulator such as the one Perrin makes, or is there a possibility of welding an extension onto the existing bung to pull the sensor far enough away that it won't trip a code? Thanks again for the big help guys as we are newbies to the Nissan world.
P.S. Does anyone know a good place to get the lower oil pan for a good price? Ours is dented in to hell.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
P0300 said:
Cool, thanks everyone for the quick responses. We have an ECU already flashed from JWT ready to go. One question though, we plan on running a cat-delete but are worried about throwing a CEL. Is there any way we can run either an O2 simulator such as the one Perrin makes, or is there a possibility of welding an extension onto the existing bung to pull the sensor far enough away that it won't trip a code? Thanks again for the big help guys as we are newbies to the Nissan world.
P.S. Does anyone know a good place to get the lower oil pan for a good price? Ours is dented in to hell.

I seem to remember that JWT will remove the CEL for the rear O2 sensor if you ask for it, but since you already have the ECU that doesn't help you much. I really don't have knowledge on a work around to give you any advice.

A lot of people have dented lower oil pans when they get their motor, since all the weight of the engine is resting on it when shipping. Most people just bang it out flat again and it works fine. I'd recommend doing that, unless there is actual damage to the metal that would cause a leak or if there is a crease you can't get out (can't imagine that being the case).

Good luck!

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
before you put the motor in, replace the rod bearings and water pump. As for wires, I say OEM are the best. It hasn't been proven that anything is better yet, maybe comparable, but not better.

·
Registered
152 Posts
spdracerUT said:
before you put the motor in, replace the rod bearings and water pump. As for wires, I say OEM are the best. It hasn't been proven that anything is better yet, maybe comparable, but not better.

1. Where can you buy the rod bearings from and how much do they cost?

2. I checked prothane and energy suspension and neither of them make motor mount inserts for the 200 SX SE-R. So, who else makes them?

3. What intake can I use?

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
1. The BB motor uses the same bearings as the DE. Any Nissan dealer. Preferbably Mossy or Courtesy.

2. Yes they do. Any from a 91 up should work.

3. Just make one or use the stock one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts