SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here's my story:

stock pressure plate with custom clutch disc, rated at 300ft lbs. put probably not even 1500 miles on this setup, dyno'd recently with 289 ft lbs of torque (running really rich so most likely will exceed the max rating for this clutch setup once i get it tuned right). anyhow, i'm looking @ upgrading my non-lsd transmission with the phantom grip, and might as well upgrade my clutch setup while the tranny is out. is it ok to re-use the disc and just change to a stiffer pressure plate, or should i replace it all? i do have clutch chatter, but not sure yet if it's from the clutch disc, or maybe i just have to re-adjust my rear motor mount. i rather buy a lightened flywheel than another clutch disc.

·
Rebuilding the W11:P
1,114 Posts
iczer200sx said:
anyhow, i'm looking @ upgrading my non-lsd transmission with the phantom grip
I believe this won't work, as the Phantom Grip is inserted into the factory lsd assembly.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's inserted into the open diff of the non-lsd trannys as well.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Your disc should be jsut fine with a new PP from ACT or whomever. I say use it.

BRent

·
Rebuilding the W11:P
1,114 Posts
iczer200sx said:
it's inserted into the open diff of the non-lsd trannys as well.
I never knew that :cool:

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Yeah, they sell two different units, one for the stock lsd and one for the stock open diff tranny.

Brent

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
They are the same part for both trannys, 906-gold which coincidently also is used in VW golfs and lots of other cars. They are the same unit for open diff and vlsd diff, which I can get for you for $259 and springs for the upgrade for $25.50.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts