SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, im a fairly new 1991 Infiniti G20 owner who is in the middle of doing a SR20DET swap. The engine I have is the U12 BB engine with the TMIC (which has been removed for a better FMIC).

I am going to be using the USDM harness and the USDM ECU. I have both the JDM harness and JDM ECU as well, but I wont be using those.

I am going to be running th Emanage with injector harness, ignition harness and the support tool. Now here is my question

I am going to be running up to 14psi of boost on this engine, and I am wondering if I am going to need the Pressure sensor and harness for the Emanage. They are kind of pricey, and if I dont need them, then I wont use them.

Please let me know! Sooner the better as I am ordering my Emanage this week. Thanks!

·
Banned
1,252 Posts
you dont need the pressure sensor you can use a gm 3 bar map sensor its cheaper.i have a emanage for sale look in the electronics section its new

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Yeah, if the GReddy sensor is out of your price during the install, like whilelightening said just use the 3 bar GM map sensor.

There is a write up on the e-manage forum on yahoo groups on how to wire this up.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Right on about the GM sensor, you can also make your own sensor harness to plug into the emanage.

BUT, you don't need the pressure sensor at all. Just go with the harness Greddy sends and that can control the injectors as well. YOu didn't need that extra harness.

Brent

·
Registered
722 Posts
My e-manage came w/ both the injector and ignition harness (bought it used), and now I have quite a few extra wires hanging loose. Oops.

Anyway at what point does the DE MAF become maxed out? I'm pushing 13lbs of boost on a T25 w/ a Super 60-1 wheel and 360* bearing and I was just curious. I really need to dyno.

I also might have a 3-bar GM map sensor lying around if anyone wants one. I know for sure I have a 2-bar GM map.

·
Registered
157 Posts
You don't need the pressure sensor, but using one lets you tune by boost instead of just throttle position or MAF reading. The stock Maf maxes out around 10psi, with my S3s. A Maf upgrade is my next mod.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Well shoot .. then I should probably go w/ the Z32 maf. I should also stop running around at 13lbs. hehe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts