SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the Act nx9-hdss kit. I noticed that on the surface of the disc (hub section) there is very small areas of surface rust. The disc was shrink wrapped. It was manufactured may of 2003. I just want to know people who have bought this kit have noticed some rust as well...Also, I have done 2 clutch jobs and in both jobs, the throwout bearings spun VERY freely. The throwout bearing that I got in this kit takes an effort to spin. I don't know if I should just get a different throwout bearing. Appreciate any feedback.

-saaby

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Saaby said:
I just got the Act nx9-hdss kit. I noticed that on the surface of the disc (hub section) there is very small areas of surface rust. The disc was shrink wrapped. It was manufactured may of 2003. /QUOTE]
Mine sat around in a damp basement for almost a year before I (actually, Ben and Ben) installed it. Its probably 70,000 miles later and its fine.

·
8,886 Posts
I used the complete ACT HDSS kit. I am happy with it so far. A little rust will disappear once the clutch gets used. Just like the rotors on your car. I didn't know the ACT TO bearing was not that great. Mine has been fine. I polishied and lubed all the surfaces with the proper lube first. Maybe that helps.

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses. I am ordering an oem throwout bearing. I will install the kit next saturday as long as my jwt flywheel arrives. Can't wait!

-saaby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts