SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the Act nx9-hdss kit. I noticed that on the surface of the disc (hub section) there is very small areas of surface rust. The disc was shrink wrapped. It was manufactured may of 2003. I just want to know people who have bought this kit have noticed some rust as well...Also, I have done 2 clutch jobs and in both jobs, the throwout bearings spun VERY freely. The throwout bearing that I got in this kit takes an effort to spin. I don't know if I should just get a different throwout bearing. Appreciate any feedback.

-saaby

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Saaby said:
I just got the Act nx9-hdss kit. I noticed that on the surface of the disc (hub section) there is very small areas of surface rust. The disc was shrink wrapped. It was manufactured may of 2003. /QUOTE]
Mine sat around in a damp basement for almost a year before I (actually, Ben and Ben) installed it. Its probably 70,000 miles later and its fine.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
do not use the crappy act t/o bearing, use an oem, I can't tell you how many squeeky act bearings I see

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
Probably had a hole in the plastic and it sat for awhile. Do like brian said and use an OEM bearing just to make sure you dont get squeeks. They get annoying, trust me, I have ground controls.

·
8,886 Posts
I used the complete ACT HDSS kit. I am happy with it so far. A little rust will disappear once the clutch gets used. Just like the rotors on your car. I didn't know the ACT TO bearing was not that great. Mine has been fine. I polishied and lubed all the surfaces with the proper lube first. Maybe that helps.

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses. I am ordering an oem throwout bearing. I will install the kit next saturday as long as my jwt flywheel arrives. Can't wait!

-saaby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts