SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It takes the same amount of time to order a kit with less stuff. FMAX is so back logged with work it generally takes them 4-5 weeks to make and ship a kit. The almost always have the little stuff in stock, but its just as easy to order with out stuff in thier kits such as the injectors, rail, and pump. You also save a hella lot of money using the FTF fuel system setup over the FMAX kit standard setup. Just my $.02

------------------
Ryan Nielsen
98 Sentra SE Turbo
11.9 @ 119 mph
363hp / 325ft-lbs

Sponsored By:
Apex Motorsports
(480) 967-6515

FTF Motorsports / Racing
www.ftfmotorsports.com

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I know Thomas Reynolds has done a lot of talking to them lately so I hope he'll respond as well as others.

I'm pretty sure I will be getting the FTF Motorsports' fuel package with the injectors, fuel rail, and Walbro fuel pump for $550 or whatever is was. FMAX kits general come with these parts themselves. From the SE-R list I've heard it's hard and takes longer to get FMAX to provide different kits than their standard package. Thomas, since I know you got the FTF fuel kit, how hard was it to tel FMAX that you didn't need these items? Did they simply say "OK" or did they give you problems with this?

What exactly did you order and how much was it? I'm trying my best to plan for next year and want to really plan ahead for this kit. I know I want the 3" downpipe but I know this is a tough fit for Sentras and 200SXs having to get thinner fans. Will the 3" downpipe even fit in an NX with thin fans since they have less space there? Does the 3" downpipe cost more than the 2.5"? How much?

I would call them to ask all these questions but I've heard so many comments that they are hard to get a hold of and stuff that I will start by asking here.

What I am looking at getting is the standard manifold, .82 exhaust housing turbo (non-ball bearing), B13 intercooler kit with piping, at least the HKS (I think) wastegate if not the Tial, the standard BOV (whatever that was), and JWT ECU with H20 module. Again I'm getting the FTF Motorsports fuel package. Any idea how much all this is?

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE stock, slow, and for sale
93 NX2000 Quaife ATB diff, JWT clutch, SMC short shifter, front STB, front ES control arm bushings, JWT POP charger, B14 SE-R wheels as soon as I get my tire swappin' done

·
Power to spare...
979 Posts
I am at work right now so I will respond to your topic when I get home in great detail.

I have been trying to get a hold of you for quite some time. It seems you can find me but I can't find you!

Read this:
http://www.sr20deforum.com/NonCGI/Forum1/HTML/002095.html

------------------

'97 200SX SE-R
JWT ECU, Place CAI

·
Power to spare...
979 Posts
Ok here's the deal. First of all you cannot deal with them direct as of Jan 2001. You must go through your nearest vendor. You can call Scott and ask him who that is.

Thanks to Scott (they hired him last year I think) when he came aboard he convinced his employer to allow partial kits, as they had a policy not to before. (as he explained to me) So yes they will do partial kits.

I ordered everything but the turbo, fuel pump, fuel rail, JWT ECU, injectors, Cobra MAF, no coating on IC piping(getting mine powdercoated locally instead of their paint), no thermocoating(getting mine done at airborn coatings per Jay Hassinger's recommendations). As you may remember my wife gave me the turbo for Christmas last year. The kit comes with a HKS racing bypass valve. They quit going with the deltagate wastegates as standard altogether and I am not sure what is standard now. I specifically requested the Tial. I am getting the 35mm.

I can't give you my pricing because that would be unfair to F-Max and my vendor considering that it's custom. For the record I did not get individial pricing just a lump price for all the things I requested.

My kit which was ordered June 15th is still not here. It is supposed to be shipped today. My particular order has fallen under some bad luck, with several people dropping the ball NUMEROUS times. I expect that one should hope to see their stuff in about 10-12 weeks. Keep in mind they have about 50 kits on order at this time and a small shop so it takes a lot of patience but their work in my opinion is surpassed by no competitor, no one else is even close.

You'd wanna hang their manifold on your wall as a work of art, it's just excellent craftsmanship. From what I understand the 3" downpipe is very hard for them to make so it'll cost ya. Jay Hassinger told me that they will tell you it fits but it does not. He had to roll the dice and buy some fans without knowing if they'd work and he lucked out, so his experience let me to believe I best stick with the standard 2.5" to 3" downpipe (after the bend it is supposed to open to 3" and bolt to the stock cat). I think all 3" is overkill but that's only my opinion. I will have 3" straight through exhaust system cat-back so again I am not worried about a few inches of 2.5 right after the turbo.

Good Luck

[This message has been edited by Thomas Reynolds (edited 10-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Thomas Reynolds (edited 10-15-2001).]

G

·
Sorry to hear about your trouble Thomas. I just got my stuff the other day and I was very excited.

The lower mounting tabs on my intercooler are uneven and the intercooler sits at an angle on the car. I will have to file out the holes in tabs a little large so that the IC will sit straight.

I don't see why the 3" downpipe only comes as a partial piece...do you know?

If you can go 2.5" to 3", then why can't they go 3" to 3"? The 3" half downpipe is $185 retail. The 3" dp fits fine with slim fans on my 200SX.

Be careful of UPS! Look over your stuff carefully. My intercooler inlet pipe and my upper IC pipe to the TB was bashed in (dented) by a monkey driving (or loading) a UPS truck. I will be taking these parts to an exhaust shop and have a tubing expander inserted to round them out again.

Good luck Thomas!

Later,

------------------
Jay Whitely
Tampa, FL
1996 200SX SE-R
GTi-R powered with F-MAX kit

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hey all of us that work at ups are monkeys. I load the brow trucks and I handle 1678 packages every two hours, it is not easy putting those things were they go. and if you slow down thats when it really gets messy.

How far back does the down pipe go all the way to the flex or just to the oil pan??

------------------
1991 NX2000 W/SR20DET SWAP,HKS filter,3" EXHUAST,E.S. BUSHINGS, act clutch, blitz turbo timer, boost controller

NX 1600 INTAKE,AND EXHUAST

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, UPS plays baseball with its packages, we have had stuff go out of the country, get refused, sent back to us, and are still square, not round with foam hanging out of it

·
Power to spare...
979 Posts
Woo hoo!! Got my tracking number today!! Should be here Tuesday...

70lbs of pure fun.

In college I used to work for UPS unloading the 18 wheelers every morn from 3-7am (then go to class at 8am!) They ignore any writing on the parcels, overpack those trucks, push people to do 8 hours work in 4 hours time (hence the pay). I quit, I am not a robot. In my opinion UPS took a huge downturn in service since their big strike.

G

·
How far back does the down pipe go all the way to the flex or just to the oil pan??

***The 3" version only goes to just after the oil pan. It stops there and there is no flexjoint. You have to add your own from there.

------------------
Jay Whitely
Tampa, FL
1996 200SX SE-R
GTi-R powered with F-MAX kit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts