SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will I need a fuel pump with this setup at stock boost? I figure stock boost it for a while and get used to it. Injectors would be 370cc. Also anybody know the best place to rebuild a t25 into a t28??

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
What I did is bought a t28 new, had my t25 compressor housing removed and bored out to fit on the t28 turbo. Its a little laggy but its a good way to go and keep all of your other parts(down pipe, lines, etc.)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Tuned200: How much was it for the t28 and how much to bore out the compressor housing? Did you swap housings yourself?

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
That place wants like 550 plus shipping to tuen your t25 into a t28. I gotr the new t28 from sr20performance.com for like 660 shipped, and it was 100 for the turbo shop to mill the housing and set the wastegate and install the housing.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
TUNED200 said:
That place wants like 550 plus shipping to tuen your t25 into a t28. I gotr the new t28 from sr20performance.com for like 660 shipped, and it was 100 for the turbo shop to mill the housing and set the wastegate and install the housing.

if you run this way, i think you still retain the T25 Trim 62 wheel.
why not use T28 from Skyline and change the compressor wheel to Trim 60 ?

but no idea whether it will clear U12 manifold or not
i assume it should not clear since the housing is T3

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
cmng said:

The way my turbo was done is it still has the t3 wheel (t28 compressor side) and it uses the t25 housing. It will work after its machined/bored.

Andreas Miko recommended this set up and it works great. See the 1/4 mile times I got with it while the car had a bad clutch.

here are some pics.

Old t25

T25 compressor housing next to the new t28

T25 housing installed on the t28 with the T3 wheel still inside.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
civicdragon said:
i dont get it, so the wheel on the t25 is bigger? i dont see how the t28 with t25 parts makes more hp
I've seen/heard of this before but I was also wondering if you could elaborate more Tuned200.

So the T3 wheel is in the T25 compressor housing? Is it clipped to fit into the T25 housing? So then you take the T25 compressor side off of the turbo and attach it to the other half of the T28. Is all of that correct?

Also what all has to be machined to make all of this fit?

Thanks for the info.

-Erik

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
yeah, what are the benefits of this hybrid setup?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Tuned200: Did you ever dyno the car? How much boost could you hold? Thanks!

Justin

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
cmng said:

Sorry
i mean on turbine wheel
The T28 you all have is similiar with T28 S14 non ball bearing with T3 housing
not like T28 GTiR since GtiR T28 Turbine wheel is trim 79 compared to other nissan turbo which is Trim 62

so basically after hybird
it should have
Turbine T25 AR64 housing with Trim 62 wheel
Compressor T25 AR 60 housing ( bored ??) with T3 trim 60 wheel

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
The turbo is a t28, intake and exhaust side. I dont remember the numbers. It has the t28 t3 wheel. it was not clipped. The t25 housing will bolt on after its bored.

I never dynoed it.

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts
so the t25 housing is bigger? or smaller? so if it is bigger it will allow more hp, bu tif it is samlle rit will be less hp but faster spool than a regular t28..

so this setup would yeild power thats almost as good as a t28 but with spool like a t25?

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
civicdragon said:
so the t25 housing is bigger? or smaller? so if it is bigger it will allow more hp, bu tif it is samlle rit will be less hp but faster spool than a regular t28..

so this setup would yeild power thats almost as good as a t28 but with spool like a t25?
It's a T-28 guts inside a T-25, housing. It makes it real easy to upgrade to near T-28 specs without changing your manifold ,DP etc.

Travis E.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts