SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,
I have the somewhat common problem (or so I understand) of my Tachometer not working. I think I'm going to just get an autometer one, so my question is this: Which one?? Anyone here tried one or know anything about em? I'd kinda like a pillar-mount one, but that isn't required. Any feedback would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had an autometer Sport Comp sivler 5" model with a shift light. It was GREAT. Read beautifully, and the lite was nice at night.

If you want to be able to see the whole tach at night then you should get an iluminated one.

The Autometer one I had was costs like $220!!!

It is worth it though.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point. I did some more checking on their site, and it turns out that is actually a pretty good deal based on how nice the piece is. Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not so much that I *want* a nice new one, its just that fixing the stock one may become more expensive. I'm going to do some playing around with it this weekend, but if I need a new unit, an aftermarket might be cheaper, so I thought I'd ask all of you guys for some suggestions. Up here near Cleveland, OH rice stands out even more than most places, because its so rare. The last thing I want is to rice up my ride. Thanks for the ideas, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts