SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Fmax Stg II B13
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's the best 1/4 anyone has run on a T25? I heard recently a guy in Seattle with an NX ran a 12.0x on a T25, interior and roll bar equiped!!! Seems damn fast, anyone run an 11?

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Come on boys and girls, spell it out with me:

N - I - T - R - O - U - S

------------------
David De Anda
Turbo Sentra SE
HTA Drag Squad

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by se-riously boosted:
A 1.9 60foot?? What was his trap?? That would require a lot of top end!</font>
Like I said.. more to come later.. I need to get the exact numbers from him.. it was 1.9x from what I recall.. it might have been 1.8x that was a higher X...
more to come later
david lau

·
Registered
782 Posts
I have to call BULLSHIT on this one! There is no way that LITTLE T25 can produce 300-350 whp; that is pretty much what you would have to put down in order to run those numbers. Even if the damn thing was a Quick Class 1800lb car, it would still need to produce somewhere in the 275 hp range!

------------------
http://www.sentra.net/solm/august01/louis.shtml

Louis Anaya

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R

349.6 hp & 301.9 ft/lb

12.0 @ 118.77

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yup, like I said, not enough power output...... like someone said earlier, he is probably running nitrous, even if he isn't telling you. I am fairly certain the T25 would have fed the poor SR20 a shrapnel sandwich long before it reached the 300-350 horsepower level!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i am with louis, the t-25 would almost have to make over 300-350 hores' to the wheels. when i had my t-28 i was pushing 320+whp at 22psi but it would fall off to about 18psi. just for the simple fact that the t25 and t28 can't move enough air to sustain that level of induction for a long duration. and i really don't think if he did have nos it would push it that far.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor
http://www.eiptuning.com/projects/200sxser1stpage.html

·
Fmax Stg II B13
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh boy, wait til PNW tells you guys how much (or little) boost the NX was running...

------------------
Brian
AIM: pdxs2000
91 se-r 12.31 @ 117.8mph
00 s2000 14.1 @ 98.6 mph

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
Hey Brian... get a life :p

Honest guys, I watched this car run a 12.08 then a backup of a 12.00

He is using a SDS efi system, bluebird det with a USDM head and cams...
This is no bullshit and I really am surprized that you guys can't get over this one...
He was running under one bar of boost cause he did not have time to upgrade his MAP sensor...

Seriously... This is NOT bullshit.

I swear on my life... not bullshit. If you can't accept it for whatever reason then so be it! Time slips and pics will be posted as soon as I get his(Mickey's) permission.
later
david lau

[This message has been edited by PNWser (edited 09-24-2001).]

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lyn Labahn:
Yup, like I said, not enough power output...... like someone said earlier, he is probably running nitrous, even if he isn't telling you. I am fairly certain the T25 would have fed the poor SR20 a shrapnel sandwich long before it reached the 300-350 horsepower level!</font>

Dude! I looked the car over and he is not that kind of guy!
There was NO NOS INVOLVED!

This REALLY pisses me off that all of you cannot accept this and inquire as to how he did it rather than just screaming BULLSHIT when you don't want to believe it.

david lau

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
FWIW his traps were at 116 on both the 12.00 and the 12.08 runs...

he has a hardtop nx on a bit of a diet.. bluebird det with stock t25 turbo, no internal engine work, has a USDM sr20 head on it cause he burnt a valve on the DET head before he went to the 72 lbs injectors...
NO NOS... no cams (just stock cams) and a 2.25 downpipe
big ole FMIC... SDS standalone msd ignition.. trick fuel... what else do you guys want to know?
Honestly! I have NOTHING to gain from telling you taht he ran a 12.00 and a 12.08 except to share the word. Once again he was running under 1 bar of boost because that is all his MAP sensor could take.. he needs to upgrade the sensor.

What will it take to make you skeptics believe? I have a few pics of the car if anyone wants me to email them the picture so they can post them... timeslips will be posted later this week after his brother scans them..

later
david lau

[This message has been edited by PNWser (edited 09-24-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
hello i ran a [email protected] at e town at the spring nationals with a t25 .my car has a boost controller, msd6al,blow off valve,k&n filter and an exhaust.with both front seats in and no nitrous.it is boosting 15psi. i mad it to the quick 8 that race .also the car is on slicks

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
People that squeeze low or even 12 second timeslips out of t25's are running the turbos at the limit and the turbos will not last.
a larger turbo is better to do that 12 second run for many many many events, the t25 can take it, but not for long...

but it IS POSSIBLE.. dammit!

david lau

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
My uncle in Miami has a 92 Se-r with a GTi-R engine that runs 12.40's @ 116mph's on 91 pump gas. Running Mazda MX3 15's with Nitto 555'R Radials. He has the GTi-R ECU & GTI-R MAF with the engine. Everything is stock besides: 2 1/4" exhuast with a Apexi WS end, HKS manual boost controller, E bach 1.5" lowerin springs and front mount stock GTi-R Intercooler.

He used to run 12.7's on 16" Koing Wildcards all around on crappy Nitto 450's. The T28 can hold up to 18 psi of boost, but he runs 15 at the track (the turbo breaths better there). He got some slicks (22x15x6) but can't get them to hook good with the tranni (keeps breaking).

Now I can't see a stock Bluebird running better times than those in a heavier NX2000 with a smaller turbo (with a cut off at 15 psi). Can you find out what size slicks he's running? How much boost he's holdin? What's his exact fuel mixture? How much his NX2000 weight? The exact 60ft time and 1/8 time (to see if he's spraying).

I guess it's like the slogan for the Lotto here in New York, "Hey, You never know!"

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
He is running volks on all 4 corners.. 15 in I believe.. side wall is about a 50 series? I am not sure what size his slicks are just trying to give ya a guess... it is a hard top nx with weight reduction... it is not a "heavy nx"
and he is NOT SPRAYING!!!
the timeslips will be online later this week, and I will see if I cannot get the numbers over the phone tomorrow.. his area in spokane has no power and all he has is a cordless and I cannot get ahold of him

as far as fuel mixture again i am not sure.. I am not the one who tuned the SDS...

will let ya know bout the timeslips
later
david lau

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
SR20B12:

You said, "The exact 60ft time and 1/8 time (to see if he's spraying)."

It depends on when you hit the nitrous, in my book. Top-end hit wouldn't show up in either of those two times.

Also... a 1.9 or even 1.8 60-ft time isn't out of the question at all. I've hit a 1.98 on Nitto drag radials, not hitting the nitrous (throttle switch) until waaaaay after the 60-ft lights.

Just my opinion.

[EDIT] I'm not saying the guy was using/not using nitrous at all. Don't want to jump into that topic, no way. Just wanted to make the point that there's creative ways of using nitrous that don't show up early in the run. [/EDIT]

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, a proud customer of Nitrous Oxide Systems, Inc., [email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

[This message has been edited by SERprise In WV (edited 09-24-2001).]

1 - 20 of 122 Posts