SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a quiet cat back exhaust for my 91 G20, I have heard that Greddy is the most quiet cat back out there for my car but not with a Stillen 4-2-1 header. I am actually thinking about a custom made cat back in order to save a few buck. So, besides Greddy, what is the best (somewhat quiet, flow good, look good, and dependable) exhaust for my car?

What about a custom made cat back? How big the piping should be? What kind of muffler I should use? Should I add a silencer?
Thanks.

------------------
Nelson
"What is a G20 stands for?" G-spot 20x.........

·
91 SE-R
228 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nelam:
I am looking for a quiet cat back exhaust for my 91 G20, ........ What about a custom made cat back? How big the piping should be? What kind of muffler I should use? Should I add a silencer?
Thanks.

</font>
http://laf.cioe.com/~benbobbo/NonCGI/Forum1/HTML/001129.html (Recent exhaust discussion, with links to more info).
Dan

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Believe it or not, Pacesetter cat-back is very quiet. For ~$150, if you don't like the way the muffler looks, lop it off and put something nicer on. The pipe is 2 1/4 mandrel bent and decent quality (finally!) and comes with a pre-silencer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts