SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bad Banana
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it would be safe to bump my timing from 19 to 21 and use race fuel? Keep in mind my motor is stock with only an intake done. I want to see if I can break into the 14s this way! On the weekend I raced at ISDS finals in St.Thomas and made it to the quarters until I broke out severely. My dial-in was 15.80 but look what I ran (in my sig!).

·
Registered
844 Posts
Do you have a cat in your car. I some guys say this fuel will burn up your cat and damage O2 sensors. I would find out first before running this fuel.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
You can buy unleaded race gas at most tracks. Go up by lake texoma where they run the big boats and most gas stations sell it out of the pump for around 4.50 for106-108oct. I don't think race gas and bumpin the timing will get you in the 14s. I've been wrong before though.

·
Registered
727 Posts
MUAHAHAHA! You can always come here to Ohio Valley Dragway and pour in a couple gallons of their Turbo Red, 118 Octane! That **** is killer! I wouldnt reccommend it for filling up and everyday driving, but dump it in with about a quarter tank of gas, go run up and down the street to get it sloshed around good then have at it! Bad thing is, it was $7 a gallon! :eek:

You could always take the safer route and run 110 in there and YES you amy bump your timing up, some run it at 19 but I never took it past 17 before the JWT ECU. ;)

·
SE-R Bastard
938 Posts
Running the race fuel will melt your cat and you will not see any significant gains. Higher octane than 93 is really useless un less you have a turbo and up the boost with it. IMO don't waste your money.

-Kris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts