SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can get racing seatbelts for Nissan 200sx and if they are an easy installation? :confused:

·
Registered
727 Posts
You can get those nismo shoulder pads on ebay all day long! ;)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
You can get those for a Subaru Justy if you'd like. The only thing is making them fit. A few people here have them. Maybe they'll post a pic. ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm, I don't think those are the ones I am looking for. The ones I have seen are red and the buckle in front..well..like a race car's seatbelts. You have to completely take out the factory ones and reinstall these ones. Any idea??:confused:

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
In my car i have the Simpson 5 point harness. It was a sinch to install. Bolted it to the drivers seat rear mounting bolts and the rear seatbelt bolts, i dont use the crotch belt. Ouch;) ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Russ, have you got a picture handy? I don't know the name of them. I just know one of my buddies has them in his car. Along with a chrome fire extinguiser. (Ford Probe) UGLY car, but like the belts.

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
No offense or anything, but do you have a need for these? The 200sx has pretty horrible seats for track driving, but they are just fine for the street with the regular belt. A harness is a pain in the butt to deal with every day to look pretty. If it is for racing, a fellow 200sx owner had a Schroth Rallye 4-point harness. Not as nice as a 5-pointer (it rides up) But it looks pretty clean installed. It uses the two stock points for the lap belt, and one or two anchors from one of your back seat belt points. You do lose one of the seats in your car though. :(

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Driven97,

None taken. I did just want the seat belts for looks. I don't do any track racing. Only street racing, when we can hit an area of no cops. Do you know where is a link I can just check into these at? OR do you think they are a waste of time, more hassle then what they are worth?

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
The real problem lies in that having a harness with no rollbar is just plain dangerous. In a rollover (I know these aren't likely but it can happen) a harness is going to hold you upright and you won't be able to duck. Your head will be used as the pivot point for your roof and your neck will most likely be broken. If you just want it for looks and you aren't going to be driving with it, it is no big deal. But it is a really bad idea if you plan on driving around all the time with it on.

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
I plan to take pics. of my car very soon and i will post them. then you can see the belt. I only use it for autocrossing, for daily driving it is a pain in the ass.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Russ, David:

Thanks guys. I will thank twice about this. Maybe somethings are for looking and no touch. :)

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Yes driving with a harness is dangerous without other safety items like a roll bar/cage. Not many people know this but they are...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Guys!

I guess I will skip on the belts and just admire. Too bad. I really like them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts