SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a little problem with my steering. Right now Im not running power steering right now because I broke the high pressure like thats up on the passenger side of the car by the windshield when I was puttin my engine in. But anyways, im not sure if its my rack an pinion, or maybe i just need to fix the line and put some power steering fluid back in it? Whenever I turn to the left, it takes a sec. for the wheel to like grab and start turning. Then when I straighten out and start going stright, the wheel is still turned to the left a little bit and the car pulls to the right a little. Then if the wheel is still turned to the left, and im going to make a right turn, it take a sec. to grab going to to the right too, but when i straighten out after the turn, the wheel is centered??? Anyone have any ideas???

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey man, my car is doing the same thing, I have investigated and upgraded all motor mounts to prothanes, but still does it, aligned it and high speed balanced, still have the problem, funny you brought up rack and pinion, on our cars there are bushings on the rack and pinion (hopefully not necessary to replace entire r&p=$$$), I think theyre only 7 bucks each to replace, I will do this soon and can report to you whether it stops the prob. And if you solved yours please let me know how, thanks in advance.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Good luck changing them dude, they're a bitch to get to. I changed mine when the engine was out.

C

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i figured out what was making my wheel get all messed up and go crazy. i thought it was the rack and pinion, but ot was really the left struts bottom bolts that hold it to the a arm or whatever. they were loose and were making that tire toe out. i guess it wasnt bad at first but then they kept loosening up. but i solved the problem and the wheel stays straight, i just need someone to braze that high pressure power steering line so i can run some power steering fluid through it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
One more try before taking that route Mr. Scarpulla, hehe, found a broken doo-dad on my right rear stabilizer fitting, once I replace that, then the bushings, plus the TOB, damn, that will be a beatch too!! In the process I will check what sr20 did, thanks guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts