·
Charlie Brown look alike
3,825 Posts
Looks good.

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I get diodes from Radio Shack typically. The relays, you can get from www.partsexpress.com as well as the relay socket that has the diode already wired in, which makes life easy. You'll be out about $3 for the relay and diode harness. ****, I used to let Best Buy's install department rape me for relays, $12 for bosch relays. If I'd only known back then.

Nizzan4u2nv, you can figure it out in your car pretty easy I'd suspect. Find the radiator fan relay in your engine compartment and pull the relay out. Use a meter to check for voltage at the terminals in the relay socket. You'll get voltage at two of the terminals. Look at the relay and you'll see a diagram that shows two numbers with a squiggly line between them sort of like this 1 ---/\/\/\--- 2 Which will represent the relay coil. So one of those two terminals will have voltage to it and one won't. Figure out what color wire goes to the terminal that doesn't have voltage. Then get to your ECU and unplug the ECU harness. Find out how many wires look the same as that one from relay socket. Then have someone hold one probe of the meter on the relay socket # that was the side of the coil that had no voltage. While they do that, set your meter to ohms with the other meter probe and start probing the wires that look the same as that wire and when you get no resistance, you'll have found the wire that goes from the relay to the ECU. Then just follow my instructions and tap that wire at your ECU instead of the wire mentioned in the article.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts