SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The road's my slave
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i only have one radiator fan on my car i just saw a pic of a VE powered NX and it had two fans. should i have two or is that a VE thing?

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
That's an A/C - no A/C thing. The reason why you have one fan is because you probably don't have an A/C in your car. Cars equipped with A/Cs have two fans hanging off the radiator.

·
The road's my slave
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really? hmm i thought i had an A/C someone told me i had A/C i just needed to buy the cold stuff (?) that i had the A/C motor. i also have the A/C panel in my car but i only get heat when the switch is at four and i cant turn one of the switches to the left

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Post a pic of your A/C panel. I wanna see this.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Ya i have AC and it sorta works and i only have one fan. My car always stays in the middle of the temperature gauge and i dont trust it for anything. Both of the cars my friend has had (Maxima and Stanza) had two big ass fans and they worked great, the gauge meter always stayed a little before center. Is there a cheap easy swap to get dual fans?? like a NX radiator w/fan?

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
This is really weird. My car has A/C and has two fans. I saw a few SE-Rs that didn't have an A/C and only had one fan. Hell, this stood true for all cars that I looked at. So now I'm baffled. :confused:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Mine came with a/c and two fans. 97 200sx SE-R. But after removing the a/c I also removed one of the fans because it's really no longer needed. The car actually runs cooler now than it did before when i had two fans and a/c. This is also with the car running a gti-r motor now with a bunch of mods and a nice forge front mount in front of it taking up some of the air. I see no problems associated with running only one fan unless you're running into some serious cooling issues.

David

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
Which fan did you remove? If you were standing in front of the car facing the engine, did u take out the one on your left or your right?

·
midnight_marauder
395 Posts
mine had 2, but with the fatter radiator and headers, only one fits.....and my car starts to warm up in stop and go traffic in Los Angeles.....need to get some thin ones...

·
The road's my slave
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mine has the one on the right side. i dont mind not having A/C it's my girlfriend. she bugs me about getting A/C io dont even know i f i even have an A/C i thouht i just need to buy something else

·
Registered
655 Posts
I think mine was brobably removed. I think it had an accident a while back because the bumper is an XE bumper and the radiotor is loose. The brainiac didnt remove AC so now i still carry all that dead weight around.

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
look up under your car right below your alternator. there should be a nice big round compressor on a bracket right infront of your oil pan.. if not then you go noo ac. and there should be two big lines running to your fire wall on the left when facing the bay. and you should have another radiator looking thing just smaller right behind your radiator....

i took mine all out lol.. soo if anyone is looking for parts i got em

·
Registered
655 Posts
Yea im not THAT DUMB!! lol

yea i got the compressor and all the lines but i dont really use AC and im really scared of overheating since thats how i blew my last motor, so i wouldnt mind having extra cooling for the engine w/ two fans and removing dead weight. I plan on having all my cooling system upgraded before the summer hits. Utah summer sux!! hot ass arid desert like 100 plus deegre temperature. Yuck!

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
if you remove the two fans, there is another place for just one fan to be right in the middle of the radiator. cools sufficiantly while losing weight

1 - 16 of 16 Posts