SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any reason I couldn't rig the radiator fans - actually I guess they are the condensor fans since they only come on with the A/C - to run all the time? OR rig a switch to activate them at will? Seems to me that would keep more cooler air in the engine compartment. Any suggestions on how to do this, specifically where to wire in a switch?

TIN

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
btt

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Are you having overheating problems? Or what's your reasoning for wanting them on constantly?

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
its a weird system it pulls the ground to keep them off and closes the connection via the ground to turn them on. I just hard wired one with a relay to a switch and turn it on after I start the car (but the factory burned out so I have an aftermarket now), but then I have an intercooler blocking alot of airflow to my radiator/condensor

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stine:
Is there any reason I couldn't rig the radiator fans - actually I guess they are the condensor fans since they only come on with the A/C - to run all the time? OR rig a switch to activate them at will? Seems to me that would keep more cooler air in the engine compartment. Any suggestions on how to do this, specifically where to wire in a switch?

TIN
</font>
I did this on my street car. See:

http://www.hmp.net/slowse-r/diy/fans.html

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts