SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a lot of noise that I shouldn't have after my ES inserts. Adjusted the rubber bumpers for the hood and that got rid of a BIG noise. The noise that is left is from the front bumper. If the car is idling (and rattling) and I lift up on the front bumper (FSM Name: front bumper fascia) it stops. Further investigation shows that it is the front bumper rattling against the styrofoam thing (FSM Name: energy absorber).

I know Mike and Ben have removed these pieces for their respective turbo installs. Do you guys have any idea how i could fix this? It doesn't look very hard, is it?

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Rattle from after the ES inserts were put in?(hehehe) I have my energy thingys still in on my bumper. I noticed alot of rattle was coming from the radaitor area on mine after the install. I bent the support mounts so
they were tighter and the rattling went away. Try that out.

Mike

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike, can you be more specific on which support you are referring to? I'm all for bending things.

When I said "removed these pieces" I meant you took some of the bumper off for the turbo install and then you put it back together. So you guys know whats in there better than I do. I didn't mean that you took them out permanently.

I fixed another rattle today. It was coming from somewhere IN the dash. Turns out it was the vent for the defroster. Poped two clips and tightened 2 10mm bolts and it went away.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Remove the bumper for my little IC? Hell no!
Removing the grill and sliding her in was enough

·
_______
3,640 Posts
I doubt the stirafoam pieces would make any noise. They are sandwitched between the bumperskin and the bumper.

Have your car running and push back or forward on the radiator. You will notice their are two rubber mount things holding the radiator in. They are as flimsy as our motor mounts and tend to let the radiator rattle around. I don't remember witch direction I bent them but I did it in a fashon that put more pressure on the radiator and stoped it from rattling.

Mike

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I doubt the styrofoam pieces would make the noise either, but they do. I laid under the car and kept lifting the bumper to imitate the noise. It really is the styrofoam. My sandwich has a little space, and thats all thats needed to rattle. Do you have any idea how to smush my sandwich?

I'll check the radiator also. Thanks.

·
Registered
858 Posts
" Do you have any idea how to smuch my sandwich"? woah! that sounds deep man! hehehe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts