SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into DET prices. I have found that a RB20DET is very cheap. I was wondering, would it be possible, to do a swap with a RB20DET? What all do you think would be needed? Is it even feasable?

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
That's an inline six designed for a AWD/RWD car. I doubt you could get it to fit any transaxle or even fit it in the engine bay.

[This message has been edited by Scarpa (edited 09-05-2001).]

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
the rb20det is a onl skyline motor, later 80's. it will work in a 240sx, but not in a fwd car. i have seen it done in a 240sx and it made impressive power, but it is considerable heavier than a sr20det. so you may just be better off with the sr20det instead.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor
http://www.eiptuning.com/projects/200sxser1stpage.html

P

·
0 Posts
yeah it is a RWD engine (out of nissan skyline/cefiro) almost 1 meter long, even if you could match up a transmission it would never fit in the engine bay, here is a real cheap option to think about, (remembering to swap in an entirly different engine is a nightmare of headaches and takes a lot of knowledge and skill to pull off) try looking at a CA18det swap, this is one of nissan freak engines, in non-turbo form the CA18de puts out more power than its CA20de sibling and the turbo CA18det is one hell of an engine, some plus's are it is rougly 20kgs lighter than the SR20 equlivant, they are cheap to buy, and they love being modified, 300hp is not uncommon for minimal cash outlay and if you get right into it i have heard of 450hp (flywheel hp) with out loosing (a great amount of) reliability. but i would still prefer swapping in a SR20 of some description than a swap to a different model.
chris

------------------
primeras its where its at.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts