SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i have eibach sportline springs with kyb-agx adjustable struts. first of all, they are working great, and arent giving me any performance problems. but the back driver's side suspension is making a god awful grinding....squeaking sometimes....almost like a vibration noise. anyone have any ideas?

when i installed the struts i noticed that in the back, where the spring meets the top of the strut tower thing, i didnt have those gasket things, i dont know what theyre called, dampers i guess, that prevent metal-on-metal. i didnt have one on either side in the back, but i had them on both in the front. could this be the reason its making such a bad noise?

thanks alot guys
-aaron

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
when dose it make a noise ? when hiting bumps, or turning ? what size rim/tires do you have on there too ?

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nick- i have 17 inch rims with 205-40-17 tires on them. but the tires arent rubbing i dont think. it makes the noise when hitting bumps and gets even worse in sharp cornering.

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
i have the same size tires on my nx too and i have found that they do rub on the bumper were it flares in the wheel well. but i do have a 2" drop thoe. how low are the sport springs ?

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mine is 2 inch drop in the front, bout a 1-1/2 inch in the back. like i said though, the sound is in the BACK driver strut!and its only doing it on one side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts