SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's a stupid question. i have learned to ask stuff instead of assuming, so i will ask.

what is the difference between the exhaust on a sr20de and a sr20det? what i'm wondering is if i redo my exhaust now and then put a det in, if it'll bolt right up and stuff...

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
You don't get a exhaust with it. You have the exhaust manifold. From there you have to make a custom downpipe to hook into your exhaust. If you are seriously thinking of doing a det, wait on the exhaust till you are about to get the det installed, otherwise you will be paying for it 2x.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will bolt right on. It is better to have a larger exhaust with a turbo but alot of people are runing turbo with regular aftermarket exhaust. (Ben & Mike)

MarC

·
_______
3,640 Posts
I'm running the courtesy 2.5" ss cat back with straight through universal mufler. Its good for now but I'm planning on going 3" from the turbo back. I also won't have a cat soon!(For track use only
) Any one want to buy a Courtesy exhaust modified to fit a 98 SE?

------------------
Mike
98sentraSE Turbo

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/mgoss/Page2.html

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
guys, I was wondering. F-max provides a manifold with downpipe that bolts on to the stock cat. How wide is this downpipe that goes to the cat. And also, on our stock cars (sentra 99 se for me) how wide are the pipes from cat to muffler? Thanx in advance,

-saaby

[This message has been edited by Saaby (edited 02-25-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks. i was planning on having a 3"-mandrel-bent-cat-less-loudass-exhaust when i get the det in there, but for now i'd like to just go ahead and slap the exhaust on the car, and stuff..

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ser_200sx:
when are you going to the 3"?</font>
Hopefully before this summer begins. I need to start saving..

Mike

·
_______
3,640 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Saaby:
guys, I was wondering. F-max provides a manifold with downpipe that bolts on to the stock cat. How wide is this downpipe that goes to the cat. And also, on our stock cars (sentra 99 se for me) how wide are the pipes from cat to muffler? Thanx in advance,</font>
You can specify either 2.5 or 3" when purchasing the kit. Our cat is about 2.5-2.75" inlet and outlet. The stock piping is pretty small on the SE's in the area of 1.5-1.75" from the cat back.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
I have a pic here @ the bottom. From the B-pipe it goes into a radius bent(mufler shop) 2.5" pipe to the mufler. I can get another pic of the bend tommrow and post it. The mufler is a straight through SS about 2.5' long and the dia inside is about 2-2.5".

Edit: The mufler is not ricy. It had a 3"dtm style tip on it. I cut the tip off rite where it had the upward bend. Compaired to most muflers I have seen(ahem..Jon..ahem) it looks small enough to be stock.
http://people.ne.mediaone.net/mgoss/Courtesy%20B-pipe.htm

Mike

[This message has been edited by Mike Gosselin (edited 02-25-2001).]

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
The stock "downpipe" for the SR20DE is a 2 to 1 design. Your stock header has 2 holes out the bottom whereas your DET turbo outlet elbow has one. Plus they will be in 2 completely different places. You can't possibly fab the exhaust until the turbo is on the car.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

1 - 14 of 14 Posts