SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've asked about this before, but driving around parking lots and things going slow, I can always hear my rear AGXs hissing from going over bumps. It just sounds so crappy. I've heard that most other's rear B14 AGXs do this as well. Why do they do this? Why only the rears? Are they defective in some way? Any way to fix it?

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ben98SentraSE:
crappy. I've heard that most other's rear B14 AGXs do this as well. Why do they do this? Why only the rears? Are they defective in some way? Any way to fix it?

</font>
i was just telling Jordan that i was hearing mine today. cept all four corners of my car do it. I had my agx's on 4/8 for a while and didnt hear anything, just 2 days ago i put them on 2/4 for the hell of it, and now the noise is back. annoying, but appparently its normal. Ill have to ride in my buddys Si that has them, to see if his do it too.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
194 Posts
on the stiff settings on the agx's the compression is too much on the shocks to hear them move, because on 3 or 4 they're not moving that much (crappy ride!). but when on setting 1 or 2, you can hear the fronts and backs, because there is a lot less compression and the shocks are moving almost there full length of travel, so the gas has to release. I don't know, I kind of like it. I guess I'm weird :)

later

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Mine hiss all the time. Especially the rears. I can hear them hiss when I go under bumpy underpassed and enclosed bridges.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys (NI), KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts & shifter bushing, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

G

·
Ummmmm...only my front passenger side does it. I thought it was the bellow/bumpstop at first but after cutting 1.5" of bellow off, still hisses. I wouldn't mind if all four would hiss, or at least both the front so I could have hissing in stereo. How can I get the other 3 to hiss? j/k

Is there a way to "bleed" these suckas?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
mine don't hiss, but I can drill a hole so I can be cool
I have the rears set on 6 fyi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts