SR20 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Infiniti I30 (A32)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I came here from Maxima.org. I drive a 1996 Infiniti I30 with the dreaded rear beam. I've done pretty much every suspension/chassis mod (cut Koni Yellows, Eibachs, SFCs, LTB, RSB, bushings etc) and I'm looking to get that last little bit out of my car for auto-x. I was told there was a guy on here who used to do beam bending. I live in the DC area but would be willing to drive to get it done. Is anyone still doing this?

Thanks!

Nick

·
Registered
1996 Infiniti I30 (A32)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The last beam bending I did took forever to get setup. Then it only happened due to the hard work of the primary guy setting it up. It's a huge PITA for the guy doing all that work. I could do another but it requires the standard payment in advance from the 6 members. Including the cost of the flight, hotel, tool shipment and beam bending. This is over $1K easily. Please don't PM me with a "can we do it". My response is going to be "get 6 people lined up and commited to pay. Then we will work out the details and collect payments. I am going to charge $150 plus expenses per person.
Ok, thanks for being up front. So you're guessing $1k on top of the cost of the bending? So for 6 people the total per person would be upwards of $400? I can ask around on Maxima.org, but not many people over there would appreciate what you do. If there are enough people on this board however, it might be doable. Too bad you don't still live in VA :(

·
Registered
1996 Infiniti I30 (A32)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)
Swiss / eric96ser - It looks like we have 3, we need 3 more. Any takers?
I can handle driving to the TN area to get this thing done. :cool: Count me in. I'm still trying to drum up support with the Maxima guys, but it's slow so far.

Steve, can you bend both 4th generation (95-99) and 5th gen cars (00-03)?

·
Registered
1996 Infiniti I30 (A32)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Sorry to hear about your family Steve.

When you bend the beam you do it with the beam still on the car, correct? I was wondering if anyone has ever sent you a beam in the mail and you bent it and sent it back?

·
Registered
1996 Infiniti I30 (A32)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
So have we finalized a date for this? It looks like there's enough interest to get this going...what's going on?

·
Registered
1996 Infiniti I30 (A32)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
I'm still in for spring. Keep me posted...

·
Registered
1996 Infiniti I30 (A32)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Hey guys, I thought I would bump the thread to see if we can start organizing a meet for the spring. How many people are still interested?

·
Registered
1996 Infiniti I30 (A32)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
I would offer up my house except I don't have a garage :(

·
Registered
1996 Infiniti I30 (A32)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 · (Edited)
Bump! Does anyone know if this is still a possibility? How many people are still interested?

I also don't frequent this forum very often, so if anything happens and I'm not around please shoot me a line at njdrymalski at yahoo.com

Thanks!

BTW, did I mention at this point I'm willing to just drive out to Colorado to have this done?!

·
Registered
1996 Infiniti I30 (A32)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
So a decade later, I have a garage and a lift in northern VA. And I still want my beam bent 😁

·
Registered
1996 Infiniti I30 (A32)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
I'm guessing I'm the only one?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts