SR20 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Actually, I have a thread going in the South (Southeast) section.

·
Trouble Maker
404 Posts
I have had this done for my B14 race car. I will say it's worth it. Steve is a great guy dispite how he may come across on the forums. I don't blame him, with lots of folks that say they want this, and back out, or don't pony up, it's like dealing with kids.

One suggestion, get your car aligned before you commit to the party. When I had mine done, one guy drove 12 hours from Atlanta to Baltimore only to find out his rear beam was damaged, and couldn't be bent. Only because of the generosity of the host, and the luck of having a B14 shell sitting in the back of the lot was he able to get it done anyway.

+1 on having this done, it makes a world of difference..

·
Registered
1996 Infiniti I30 (A32)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)
Swiss / eric96ser - It looks like we have 3, we need 3 more. Any takers?
I can handle driving to the TN area to get this thing done. :cool: Count me in. I'm still trying to drum up support with the Maxima guys, but it's slow so far.

Steve, can you bend both 4th generation (95-99) and 5th gen cars (00-03)?

·
8,886 Posts
I have had this done for my B14 race car. I will say it's worth it. Steve is a great guy dispite how he may come across on the forums. I don't blame him, with lots of folks that say they want this, and back out, or don't pony up, it's like dealing with kids.

One suggestion, get your car aligned before you commit to the party. When I had mine done, one guy drove 12 hours from Atlanta to Baltimore only to find out his rear beam was damaged, and couldn't be bent. Only because of the generosity of the host, and the luck of having a B14 shell sitting in the back of the lot was he able to get it done anyway.

+1 on having this done, it makes a world of difference..

Glad you like it. I do get a little tired of the lack of follow through you get from people. Either your in or your out. Personally, if you have spent ANY money on your car to get it to handle better you should do this mod before you do anything else. It's pointless, totally pointless to try and make a B14 handle properly with out this mod. FWD handling is hard enough. Add a back in that constantly wants to turn in rather then glide out and it's just hopeless. To those that don't understand think about it like this....

The B14 has 1/4 inch or "toe in" in the rear. A huge amount. The most I have ever heard of on any car. As you turn a corner the outside tire is doing most if not all the work (inside tire may very well be in the air). With that outside tire "toed in" all the back of the car wants to do is dive towards the inside of the corner before you have even reached the apex. A proper car should glide around the corner, front and back in the same slip angle. That will never happen with the rear always trying to turn in early due to huge toe in.

·
I hurt tires
403 Posts
It is a necessity. I had the beam bent on my old B14 and when I picked up my current B14, it was one of the first things I did. I drive my cars hard and with the beam bent I think the biggest gain for me is how predictable the car becomes. I have no problem stepping the rear end out when I want and when it does it is smooth and utterly controllable.

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
I was just thinking about how bad my car sucked before I got the beam bent! I was aligning my car in the garage and threw the toe plates on the rear for giggles. Toe measuerment was less than 1mm off after 3 years of tracking the car after the bend! Steve knows what he is doing so stop being flakey and get this done!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I *think* I have enough people for the Nashville party. I have to sort out all the responses I received between the two forums. There were a lot of people who had B13s who just wanted to hang out or knew someone who might be interested. I have to sort through all of those to see if I actually have six.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
I *think* I have enough people for the Nashville party. I have to sort out all the responses I received between the two forums. There were a lot of people who had B13s who just wanted to hang out or knew someone who might be interested. I have to sort through all of those to see if I actually have six.
My offer still stands with hosting the Nashville deal. I have a 900sq ft garage with plenty of light and other stuff I know Steve needs. I can even help with costs, because I have a spare room that Steve can stay in, so a hotel is not needed. Steve is a good friend of mine, and I would not mind helping hm out.

·
8,886 Posts
id be down but i cant afford it....plus i only have tein s techs and a progress rear sway bar right now, would it make that big of a difference with only that stuff?
I have done lots of totally stock cars. I would rather have a stock’ish B14 with a bent beam then a bunch of coilovers etc and the 1/4 inch of toe in. It's that important. And I am not saying that to make money. Yes, I will make money. I and others who graciously help work very hard doing it. It takes 3 days at minimum including flying. So the compensation is more then fair considering my actual time involved. Not saying you were implying anything. Just helping people understand what is really involved in a beam bending party.

Eric. Thanks for offering to host. It would be great to do it at your place. Makes everything a lot easier. Thanks.

·
8,886 Posts
Thats great. Let me know if I can help with anything. I will be happy to call and talk to people if I need to.

·
Keepin It A NA Sleeper
520 Posts
Thats great that Eric is willing to host. I met you several years ago when I came and picked up a front and rear set up ST sway bars when you lived in Maryland, very knowledgeable. How long does it take to bend the beam? I really want my done, I have the money but I live in Fredericksburg, VA and thats a 10 hour drive. Normally I would have no problem doing this but with college and all it makes it hard to take that much time out of a weekend. Thanks for any info you can give.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My offer still stands with hosting the Nashville deal. I have a 900sq ft garage with plenty of light and other stuff I know Steve needs. I can even help with costs, because I have a spare room that Steve can stay in, so a hotel is not needed. Steve is a good friend of mine, and I would not mind helping hm out.
Eric - Thanks. I'll probably take you up on your garage offer. My driveway has a steep driveway and I know everyone will be scraping their tailpipes coming in and out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Eric96ser

Did we use your place a few years back for this as well? I would be down for it for my 97 Maxima. Someone please let me know final price and when we would be planning this. Please email me since I rarely stop here.

[email protected]

Thanks,

Ferhan

·
vengeance
1,280 Posts
ok it looks like the southerners have the thread going for them, I could most likely get 6 guys to do this. We have a big meet this weekend and Ill take a count of who would like to get it done. But I will wait a little bit to see out the souths thread turns out, wouldnt want to drag you all over the country. :D

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Eric96ser

Did we use your place a few years back for this as well? I would be down for it for my 97 Maxima. Someone please let me know final price and when we would be planning this. Please email me since I rarely stop here.

[email protected]

Thanks,

Ferhan

Nope, not me. Must have been someone else.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts