SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car had dents in the back of it when i bought it on the upper and lower part of the trunk ( the part with the keyhole on in and the part above it). What would your guys best advice be to go about fixing it, should i drill and bondo or buy and whole new trunk piece glass and all and also can the lower piece(keyhole part) be removed or is it connected to the car cause if it could be removed i would just buy another from the salvage yard. Help would be nice, thanks alot!!! It's a big job too because it is a serious of small dents.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no ideas guys??

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Well, because no one else has answered...

I'd get some bodyshop quotes, and get them to do it. When I was rearended, that piece of metal where the trunk keyhole is needed to be replaced, and they cut it out and replaced it with a new piece.

As for the other dents, they should be accessible from inside the car once the trim panels have been removed. The art of paintless dent removal has really improved in recent years, and that should be fixed no problem.

Then a final coat of paint, and it will look like new.

Anything is possible to fix, it's only metal.

(My car was rearended twice last month, and twice the year before that. Looks like new again
)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts