SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, the rear defroster in my Nx doesn't seem to be working anymore. I just double checked the switch and the fuse and everything seems fine. I'm not quite sure if its just the bulb that burned out (I'll wait till it gets fogged up tonight and check that out) Any ideas on what I should check for next?
Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
729 Posts
Check the actual lines on the rear window to see if any of those are scratched,,,cause that could also make them not work....

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even if the lines are scratched shouldn't the light on the switch come on regardless?

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
5 bucks the bulb is burnt out. mine did along with hundred other people. eric put instructions on how to do it on his website that now is down. i dont know if he has it up anywhere else now.

·
8,148 Posts
It is a matter ot time before your rear window wiper will stop working too. I know what the problem is, or what it could be. The actual line from switch to the drfroster is probally broken. What you are going to have to do is remove the harness from in the hatch and see where it is broken. I can almost guarentee it is broken where the wires slip from the hatch to the chassis. In the ribbed rubber insulator. Rememer the car is like 10 years old and the hatch opening and closing is not too good for the wire. Heat and cold..what ya expect. It happens to BMW's too. Thats how I knew how to check mine. Use a test light and see if you are getting current to the wire at the defroster. Thats usually it.

·
8,148 Posts
But if it is the bulb then it is an easy fix. Just go to the dealer and buy a new bulb. Like 2 bucks or something. Comes out with a flathead screwdriver. Do not let them try to sell you a switch. That is total BS. As a matter of act buy spare bulbs for all the switches. Only the dimmer switch bulb they wont sell you.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
guys, sorry for taking too long to reply. we've been having nice weather around here so I never got a chance to check out my defroster. Well, I tried it tonight and seems like its just the bulb that burned out, so I don't think I'll even bother buying a new bulb. it doesn't seem like a big deal. ;)
Thanks for all your advise guys,
Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts