SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will the rear end on a 89 240sx hold up on a sr20det motor if i run with slicks or even if i dont. If it will what kind of traction will I get, will it boost immidiately as i launch or will it bog down and how should I launch it. If my stock rear end isnt good enough what kind of rear end should i buy?

·
Registered
74 Posts
It should hold fine. If you are real worried about bracking something, the s14 rear axle is larger and stronger, someone double check me on that, 99% sure. As far as traction, you will have it with slicks, and you will have to take a few runs to determine what rpm to drop it at. The biggest thing I would be worried about is not the rear end but the tranny and clutch. Form all I have seen the rear is strong and can take a lot.

How much boost you running? What other mods? What does the rest of the drivetain look like? ie. clutch?

I would lauch it so you atleast have boost, but you will have to paly around with it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
lucas240sx said:
what bout the drive line if it doesnt hold up should i go woth the s14 drive line along with the rear end??
That wont be a bad idea, all the ideas given are good.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
You've now asked about the S13 vs S14 driveline in two different threads. Two things:

1. They're still the same. The differences between S13 and S14 diff/axles/subframe are minor and as discussed you aren't going to have diff or axle problems until you're in the 400-500 horsepower range.

2. Quit double posting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts