SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can imagine the front control arm ones would be of use because those wheels are driven wheels and there would be much greater and different forces than the stationary, non-driven rear wheels get. Has anyone done the rear suspension with ES bushing? What is your opinion on them?

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE stock, slow, and for sale
93 NX2000 Quaife ATB diff, JWT clutch, SMC short shifter, front STB, front ES control arm bushings, JWT POP charger, B14 SE-R wheels as soon as I get my tire swappin' done

·
_______
2,170 Posts
They're not all that difficult to install. Actually, the fronts are much more of a problem.

They seem to make the car even more tailhappy! And yes, I think they're worthwhile.

I haven't done them on my car, yet, although I plan to in the spring. They were done on a friend's car.

Good thing, too. We're going to be running it in a winter rally this February, and tailhappy is GOOD. I'm the co-driver/navigator.

BTW, it's a 7 1/2 hour rally. At night. This is going to be grueling, but really FUN. I'll post a page of pics after the event here

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So rear bushings will just increase oversteer is all? Hmm... you would think it would be the other way around because it would cause the tire to go less off camber in a turn, allowing less sidewall and more tread to be contacting the pavement. I realize in practice from what you said, spnx, that this is wrong, but how does this not make sense? What am I not considering?

·
_______
2,170 Posts
I don't know.

I'll mull it over, and talk to Alex (who has the bushings) and see what he says, and get back to you.

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
I have had the es bushings in both of my sr20 powered cars.. and it will be one of the first mods on my next sr20 powered cars =)
they really are not that hard to install.. just heat them with a propane torch and let them melt a bit then they will either pop out on their own or just push them out with a screwdriver...
And yes, worth the install!!
later
david lau

[This message has been edited by PNWser (edited 10-03-2001).]

·
Registered
521 Posts
I did this just before my det install and car responds better, and the fronts were definetley harder than the rear ones.

------------------
1991 NX2000 W/SR20DET SWAP,HKS filter,3" EXHUAST,E.S. BUSHINGS, act clutch, blitz turbo timer, boost controller

NX 1600 INTAKE,AND EXHUAST

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Well, my buddy got back to me, confirmed what I said, but still can't explain it:

A bigger rear sway bar or even firmer bushings *does* make for more oversteer. Ask Kho how his NX was with just an aftermarket bar on the rear.

(it was tailhappy, BTW)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts