SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to get the rear motor mount off the stabalizer bar? I didn't really have problems with the bolts, but the when I try to lift the mount off I can't get it fully off because it is attatched to the stabalizer bar... I took the nut off that was holding the bar on, but there isn't enough space to get the bar over the end of the bolt that's holding it in. The bolt seems to be permenantly attatched otherwise I could drive the bolt through the other side, and drop the bar out through the bottom.

Any ideas?

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
ResidentWarui said:
Anyone know how to get the rear motor mount off the stabalizer bar? I didn't really have problems with the bolts, but the when I try to lift the mount off I can't get it fully off because it is attatched to the stabalizer bar... I took the nut off that was holding the bar on, but there isn't enough space to get the bar over the end of the bolt that's holding it in. The bolt seems to be permenantly attatched otherwise I could drive the bolt through the other side, and drop the bar out through the bottom.

Any ideas?

What bar are you talking about? The crossmemeber? If so, that long bolt that goes between the crossmemeber and the mount comes all the way out, just takes a LONG time to get it all the way out, for me anyways. once you have that all the way out, and you have the front one out too (you may want to put a 2x4 & jack under your engine to relieve the weight from the other mounts you will have to do this to get it back in) if you have stock mounts it should pull(or fall) right out. If you have something like prothanes or other aftermarkets that are thicker, you may have to pull it out.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, I'm talking about the stabalizer bar from the shifter.... The rear mount is totally free, but I can't get it out because the bar from the shifter is still attatched and I can't get it out.

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
You mean the shift linkage? It's pretty easy to remove, why don't you remove it first, just to get it out of the way? Wish I could be more help, but I own a b13.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea it's on the end of the shift linkage....problem is that the bolt won't slide out...it's stuck or something... tried ripping it out with a vice grip, no luck. moved on to try to put my tranny back in and it slipped off the jack... i hope it's not ****ed up.... gonna sleep now, i got a lot on my mind (about car) and i can't work well like this....

thanks for the help....

simon :(

·
Banned
505 Posts
that rear mount is a real p.i.t.a. good luck

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea yea i know :rolleyes:

i got out that bolt i was talking about... turned out it's a pressed fit, had to drive it out with a socket and a C clamp. I'm in the process of putting the rear mount back in now...i couldn't get the insterts pressed all the way in because I was working only with that clamp and blocks of wood under the car....it's pretty damn close, if i could squeeze it down another .5cm I could get the bolt through the mount and into the threads on the other side, but it just won't budge...

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
if you drop the cross member first remove the mount from that then from ther just remove the nut turn and pull , mine fell off and i just put it back on make sure you put it back on right, its a bitch to get into 5th with out it on there right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts