SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where I can pick up a rear strut tower brace for my nx? I remember a year ago or so some guy was custom making them but I was wondering if any companies do now...

G

·
Good question... I have been looking for a rear STB too, supposedly Courtesy Nissan has one, but when I ordered my front STB they had no clue what I was talking about... I wonder what the diff is between the front and rear- could a front possibly bolt on the rear??? I haven't taken the time to check and see if the mounting points are the same...anybody know?????

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JohnnyCongo:
Anybody know where I can pick up a rear strut tower brace for my nx? I remember a year ago or so some guy was custom making them but I was wondering if any companies do now...</font>

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well since it is a B13 no one ever thought about making one. Because in the classic there isnt an easy way to mount one because there is metal in the way. So I would guess that there is metal in the way when you look on the NXen. It was Jay Stewart I believe that made one of the custom rear STB's. Actualy dont know why you would want one execpt for the look. Because everyone that put one on said you cant feel it driving, but if you are racing it ends up giving snap oversteer which isnt fun. Its the reason Im sorta not considering making one for my classic.

G

·
Good Point Bowlcut... I was wondering if a rear STB is worth the time or energy. Anyway, I couln't tell a bit of difference after I installed my Courtesy STB- maybe you have to have aftermarket suspension for it to make a noticable diff...? Anybody know???
I'd probably sell mine, but it's not worth much and would cost a lot to ship.....

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bowlcut:
Well since it is a B13 no one ever thought about making one. Because in the classic there isnt an easy way to mount one because there is metal in the way. So I would guess that there is metal in the way when you look on the NXen. It was Jay Stewart I believe that made one of the custom rear STB's. Actualy dont know why you would want one execpt for the look. Because everyone that put one on said you cant feel it driving, but if you are racing it ends up giving snap oversteer which isnt fun. Its the reason Im sorta not considering making one for my classic.</font>

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My front stb did make a noticible difference, its freedom design but theyre all the same. I do have aftermarket suspension as well (ground control) but I must say the number one thinf that made a difference was stillen camber plates. They are awesome. By the way, IU wasnt to worried about the rear stb but I figuredit would help, I had no idea it caused oversteer. My friend has one and he swears it helps his car feel tight.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NXDude:
Good Point Bowlcut... I was wondering if a rear STB is worth the time or energy. Anyway, I couln't tell a bit of difference after I installed my Courtesy STB- maybe you have to have aftermarket suspension for it to make a noticable diff...? Anybody know???
I'd probably sell mine, but it's not worth much and would cost a lot to ship.....

</font>

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
The front one you can feel a little. It tightens up the front and makes it a tad quicker on turn in. I noticed mine a tad in my "test zone", 4 TIGHT chicanes below my house.

The rear one you will not feel unless you are driving at 8 or more tenths. Then what happens is more oversteer. The IRS of the b13s already are neutral and adding oversteer makes the car a little harder to control. Now on the b14's with the multilink, it helps make the rear end rotate.

Go check the tops of the struts if you want to know how easy it would be to make one. There should be a little metal shroud around the top of the strut bolts. You can cut that way or find a way to take the bar over the top. King Jeff used to make them for the classic, you had to cut that shroud away. His bars were SOLID crazy solid. But you can fab up something easier to make and install. Pat Griffth has on his site a drawing of the "C" that goes on the top, then you would have to measure a bar and cut it. For an NX wouldnt be that tough, on a classic you either have to go behind the seat in a little channel, or cut the shroud.

G

·
Maybe I haven't "tested" it in the right conditions yet (he,he,he...) anyway, it was cheap enough I probably will leave it alone...

Originally posted by Bowlcut:
The front one you can feel a little. It tightens up the front and makes it a tad quicker on turn in. I noticed mine a tad in my "test zone", 4 TIGHT chicanes below my house.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts