SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike Saiki of Motivational has taken measurements. And will be able to make a rear STB for the "Classic" B13 Sentras.

Price will be aproxiamately $130.00. And NO CUTTING will be required!
The way it looks right now, the ONLY modification required will be the drilling of two small holes on the rear Strut Towers.
Mike has already made up a proto-type rear STB for the NX2000. So it's only makes sense to do one for the Sentra.

Okay, the details:
The rear STB will be made from D.O.M. Seamless Steel tubing. With Hiem joints rated at 6400lbs. Also the Hiem joints will threaded Left and Right respectively. This will allow you to "Pre-Load" the rear STB.
The end plates will be made from Cold Rolled Steel. And everything will be CAD plated.

But in order to get things going, those interested will have put up deposits, so Mike can order all of the supplies.

NOW, who's interested?

------------------
Thomas Fox
93 NX2000

·
Registered
513 Posts
Nice, this is really cool. Front and rear strut bars will be my winter investment in my car. This is very good news for classic owners. In the future, I see Motivational raking in the dough on this one. I wish I had the resources to start production of these things.

------------------
Kevin
93 Ruby Pearl Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Motivational will do okay. The profit margin isn't that much on something like this. Especially when you factor in materials cost.

------------------
Thomas Fox
93 NX2000

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
Well guys you can count me in . "for sure"

92 se-r turbo
Lawrence

·
Registered
858 Posts
me too! let's do this.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">how much does mike want for a deposit.</font>
Not sure just yet. I should know for sure by the end of the day. It may be around $75.00. That's what was needed for the NX rear STB. But it might be less since the SE-R rear STB will be cheaper.

------------------
Thomas Fox
93 NX2000

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
I'm interested too, whats the deposit?

------------------
Damn it...I want an SE-R...NOW I HAVE ONE!! Bone Stock though...: (

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BTW, here's a couple of pics of the proto-type NX rear STB. The "Classic" bar will be made of the same materials.

------------------
Thomas Fox
93 NX2000

[This message has been edited by Subculture (edited 09-25-2001).]

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

------------------
Thomas Fox
93 NX2000

[This message has been edited by Subculture (edited 09-25-2001).]

·
Original Owner
1,045 Posts
I'm definately interested!
Fellow classic owner, Pat Griffith (sp?), has what I believe to be the best designed rear STB. It doesn't take up any trunk space or require any metal cutting. Best of all Pat has already road tested it, so the effects on handling are already known. Check out his website for the details
http://www.hmp.net/slowse-/diy/rear_stb.html
I think it would be great if Mike Saiki of Motivational could get permission from Mike Garner and Pat to duplicate their creation for mass production.

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
I am interested. Would this be a one time deal, or is this something he could make if I called next year?

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I am interested. Would this be a one time deal, or is this something he could make if I called next year?</font>
This isn't a one time deal. Mike wants to make these to be available on a continuing basis.

------------------
Thomas Fox
93 NX2000

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Fellow classic owner, Pat Griffith (sp?), has what I believe to be the best designed rear STB. It doesn't take up any trunk space or require any metal cutting. Best of all Pat has already road tested it, so the effects on handling are already known. Check out his website for the details</font>
I've seen this site before. And I've looked at the schematic that he has.
I believe the Motivational rear STB will be better for several reasons;

Better materials. The Motivational rear STB will be made from D.O.M. (Drawn Over Mandrel) Seamless Steel.

Better fit. You won't have to remove your rear seat.

Better effectivness. Because of the reverse threaded Hiem joints, you'll be abvle to dial in the amount of pre-load into the bar. And since the bar is straight, it won't flex.

------------------
Thomas Fox
93 NX2000

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">This isn't a one time deal. Mike wants to make these to be available on a continuing basis</font>
Then I WILL be buying one. Maybe not this month, but sometime over the winter.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, but realise, that he needs 10 interested people who are willing to put down $70.00 deposits, so he can get things going.

And again the price will be $120.00

------------------
Thomas Fox
93 NX2000

1 - 20 of 63 Posts