SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
I have bin thinking about making my own out of SS since I have my rear of my car striped out at the moment, I just have to get ahold a some one with a TIG set up and wiling to do it for a case of beer.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
All I've heard of are custom ones. If someone could get one fabbed up you could probably sell 5 to the socal serca list alone.. I know I would buy one.

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ditto. I'd grab one, too.

Anybody know if Suspension Techniques has their own website?

------------------
Jerome
1991 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Subculture:
Someone once told me that Cusco made a rear STB for the NX. I don't know if it's true or not.
I tried to talk Ken Nord into making one, but he's been REAL busy lately. Maybe I'll ask him again.
</font>
Cusco does make a rear STB for the B13 chassis. It is listed for the Sentra though, but would require some cutting on the Sentra to make it fit anyway. Since the NX would just need some panels removed, it might actually fit.

--Andrew Phan
1993 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R

·
SE-R GREEK
2,581 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Subculture:
Anybody know where I can buy one? Has anybody made their own?

</font>
Goto http://www.whiteline.com.au/store/
and search for product KSB535.
At AU$162 (~US80) you can pay shipping from AU and still be OK. Better yet, ask them for their US distributor (yes, they have at least one) and see what they quote.

Chris

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
I dont think one made for the sentra would work becouse there is a mount that is welded on the strut housing right next to the bolts, so the one for the NX would have to be off set or you just cut the mount off. But then you will have one flopy panle and no trunk cover. Unless the sentra has this same mount then it would work.

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokohama avid h4
ACT clutch on order

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Sooo... is there any consensus? I wish I knew someone with a rear classic bar to test it on my NX, but I really dunno the difference. Guess I could check my classic buddy's trunk area to see how it looks compared to mine.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE and crashed 93 NX2000

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I guess a start would be to a) measure the dimensions between strut towers on an NX and a Classic, or b) find someone with a TIG welder who will work for beer and/or peanuts.

I can't imagine developing a STB would be very difficult.. maybe I should call some machine shops to see what custom work costs..

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Pat G has a design for the C brackets used to mount to the top of the struts on his webpage. I was going to make one for my classic but never got around to it. Id use his bracket design and possibly do a straight bar across the back. What I would probaly try is to see if a front bar would work on the back. Well the center part atleast, I dont know about the brackets tho. Then do some creative cutting on the plastic to make it fit. Or you could get creative and go out the top of the strut plastic covers with like a Miata type ends. Wonder if their ends would fit.....hmmmm probaly goign to take some measuring, drawing, calling, and thinking of an idea.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll ask Ken Nord if he can make one for the NX. But he'll have to see some SERious interest before he'll commit.

------------------
Thomas Fox
93 NX2000

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I can ask around too, but it will have to take some commitment too. probably around 100 or so.........

1 - 20 of 20 Posts