SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright.. after running my first event with the new car.. i now know i need a bigger rear sway bar. with the fronts on 3 and rear on 7 i could only get the car to rotate like i wanted with trail braking... i need it to rotate on throttle lift and for it to be progressive, not snappy..

any suggestions on make? here's who i know to buy from. need reviews, feedback..

Progress
P-S-T.com
Addco
Whiteline

are there others i missed who do you feel is better and why?

TIA,
brian

·
little Thunder
1,969 Posts
None of your selections! :)

How about activetuning.com They have a quality RSTB for the B series car.

Edit:
Sorry mis-read. For sway bars there is one... it escapes me right now... let me search for it...

Ok it's the Progress Adjustable bar or Suspension Techniques. Most members have gone with the Progress Adjustable bar... soon I will be as well. I currently have the ST sway bars.

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
I don't track race as of yet, but I like what the progress bars do. I have both and would only recommend a person get the rear, the front is really a waste of money since the car understeers in the first place, I bought one simply because my stock one was looking nasty and beat up. I can get a bar to your door by next weekend for $190 if you'd like.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
progress bars, no question. It made the difference when I was prepping it for a track school.

·
Original Owner
1,045 Posts

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Smart move on their part. I have the blue/green one on my SE-R, and a new grey one in the box for the NX. I'm going to respray the old one grey, that color is yucky.

C

·
JDM BOOST WHORE
3,772 Posts
So Is It Hard To Install The Rear Progress Sway Bar On The B-13?im Waiting For My Agx's To Come In The Mail So I Can Install Everything Without Any Problems.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Mine was easy, Jack Laverty pushed me aside and installed it. :)

C

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
Before you get into it, take one of the endlink bolts to the hardware store and buy yourself some stainless washers that fit, buy like a dozen or so. You'll need them to shim the endlinks so that they're verticle and not binding on the bearings.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Toolapcfan said:
I don't track race as of yet, but I like what the progress bars do. I have both and would only recommend a person get the rear, the front is really a waste of money since the car understeers in the first place, I bought one simply because my stock one was looking nasty and beat up. I can get a bar to your door by next weekend for $190 if you'd like.

Yes get the Progress rear adj. bar. I ordered one from Toolapcfan( thanks man its great!) and I'm in love. I have it set about 2 inches from the back of the bar and its turning great. Car feels very stable and planted in the turns at high speeds. There is a on ramp I travel everyday on my way to work that I was taking at the most 90mph and it felt like it was ready to lose grip at any time. Now I have hit it at 105mph and it feels great,thats good enough for me. My suspension consists of Eibach Sportlines(GC's in the weekend)Tokico Blues,Engall's camber bolts,F&R STB's, and the Progress rear bar.

For 190.00 you can't go wrong,,,get ahold of Toolapcfan!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts