SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this has been on my mind alot lately is the idea of a rear windshield wiper. I think it would be great, get to removes water that just hangs on the window along with snow and all that fun stuff that can obscure vision. I dont' know if you can drill a hole in the glass, i haven't looked into that to see if it can be done. I'm not sure as to what kind of wiper/motor to use yet, I was thinking about a 240SX or something that is about the same size. Any input??

Brent

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Just to respond,

no clue

Be a pioneer! You can do it!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've thought about that too, my brother thought I was crazy. I think it'd be cool to do it, but I don't know where we'd put it. It would have to mount to the top of our cars, because you can't mount it to the trunk lid, then you have to deal with wiper arcs. I think it's possible, just a lot of little things here and there. Keep us informed, if you decide to do it. I think it'd be really cool.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking about placing it on the drivers side facing with the wiper blade facing vertical to the trunk. I think trying to find a place for the motor, might have to do sme cutting into the rear deck to make room for it. I forgot that the NX's had rear wipers, I'll have to look into that. I'm hoping to find time by the end of the week to see if it is possible to cut into the glass by a professional, then I'll go from there.

Brent

·
Registered
420 Posts
Didn't mean for it to sound like wiper arcs and mounted it to the trunk were related. I didn't think you could mount it to the lid because you wouldn't be able to open the trunk. I'm a little confused as to how your going about this, but it sounds like you know what your doing. If need any troubleshooting , you've got the boards attention.

·
Registered
496 Posts
hey ser_200sx,

did you get the black tint ot that titanium tint, that titanium looks pretty cool. how much did you pay to get it done.

gpser96

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I called a place up today and told them that I wanted to drill a hole in my rear window and they told me that the glass would 'explode'. So I guess that counts that idea out, but i'll call some other places and see what they say. I'll keep you informed if i get any other answers.

Brent

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Yea, the glass is safety glass, which means the outer layer has a compressive stress built into it and the inner layer is therefore under tension. You take away any chunk of it, and you give it room to expand or contract, so it cracks itself even further. It doesn't literally explode though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gpser96

I got plain black and paid $80 for the 3 back windows. That was pretty cheep considering I was quoted anywhere from $80
to $160

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've thought about adding a rear wiper to the g20 but have no idea how to do so.

keep the board informed.

good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts