SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dreamin' of VVL
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear calipers are shot. Should I rebuild them or buy new/rebuilt one's. I have rebuilt the fronts before and they were pretty easy, just took some time. The rears make me a little nervous with the parking brake mechanism? How hard are they to be rebuilt. Does Nissan make a rebuild kit that includes everything I need?

·
Registered
122 Posts
johnand queried:
My rear calipers are shot. Should I rebuild them or buy new/rebuilt one's.
Rebuilt ones, depending on who rebuilt them, are going for around $40-50 plus core. Given that they're that inexpensive, I'd recommend going with the rebuilds rather than do it yourself. That way, not only do you have nice, new-ish calipers on your car, you also have someone to turn to (i.e., a warranty) should the rebuild leak.

I recommend sourcing them locally as well - a Napa, BigA, etc.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Yea I would rather buy some calps than rebuild them myself. I dont trust my work that much. Not to mention if stuff like a scored piston or something that requires even more money and time. Rebuilt cores are cheap, and down time is minimal that way. But its personal preferance really. Do you want to do the work and dont mind the few hours or day it takes....

·
Dreamin' of VVL
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank guys, looks like I'll go with rebuilds. Local Napa has them for $48 which isn't bad, but will do some more shopping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts