SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about having a local muffler shop put a 2" cat-back on my 200sx SE-R and I can't find a muffler I like. I want something that sounds good, but isn't obnoxious. And I want one that doesn't look, well, "ricey." I like the look of some factory import dual-tips, but I'm haven't seen any for sale that I like. Any reccomendations? Also, what bends will I need, and any good deals online?

·
WWJD
2,092 Posts
Try DynaMax

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Anyone ever buy anything from Air Dynamic?

http://www.airdynamicracing.com/shop/category.phtml?cat=Exhaust

I kinda like the EVOS MODENA II Exhaust Muffler and the one beneath it, but I'd like to see them on someones ride before I buy them. Also, the company looks kinda cheap.

Edit: Never mind, did a google search, turns out these guys suck. They also sell on eBay as Rev Shot, apparently they like to take people's money and not deliver. And when/if they do deliver, their product sucks. I still sort of like the look though.

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
I've got the Dynomax Ultraflo on my Turbo SE-R (3"), my mom's VW and my bro's SE-R (2.25" each). They sound damn good on the outside, just a liiiiiiiiittle louder than stock on the inside at cruise, and they only cost about 60 bucks from summitracing.com

Put on a flashy tip if you crave a little attention.

·
hasta la victoria siempre
5,614 Posts
NismoSER said:
I've got the Dynomax Ultraflo on my Turbo SE-R (3"), and they only cost about 60 bucks from summitracing.com
Do you happen to have the part number for this specific muffler?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
im putting my remus muffler on my 240sx tommorrow...i'll tell u how that sounds!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Don't waste your time with Magnaflow or Dynomax. Just go buy the best. Remus. I love mine it sounds like an M3 or Porsche. You can find them on ebay for a decent price. My muffler was made for a 95-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS. It mounted great and looks great. It also keeps the Cops away too.

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
200SX SE-R WV said:
Don't waste your time with Magnaflow or Dynomax. Just go buy the best. Remus.
That's pretty cut and dry. :rolleyes:

Out of curiousity, you stated it was for an Eclipse, yet it mounted perfectly??? How? Didn't you have to have the original hangers cut off new ones welded, the rear piping cut off and new piping welded on, etc.?

No one is "wasting" their time building custom exhausts using a Magnaflow or Dynomax muffler. If done correctly, they sound incredible.

·
Registered
547 Posts
NismoPC said:
That's pretty cut and dry. :rolleyes:

Out of curiousity, you stated it was for an Eclipse, yet it mounted perfectly??? How? Didn't you have to have the original hangers cut off new ones welded, the rear piping cut off and new piping welded on, etc.?

No one is "wasting" their time building custom exhausts using a Magnaflow or Dynomax muffler. If done correctly, they sound incredible.

Yes the muffler had to have new hanger put on it but it did fit perfect, all im saying is that when it comes to mufflers is remus knows exactly what they are doing. The spend tons of $$$ researching. Although they are $$$ they are in my mind the best you can buy and why settle for less when you can by the best?

·
Registered
547 Posts
97SE-R C2 said:
200SX SE-R WV said:
Don't waste your time with Magnaflow or Dynomax.
Hahahahaha Thats funny. I'd prefer my SE-R to sound like and SE-R. Not a euro car. Its ok though, Your SN says it all. The only good thing to come out of W VA is Greg. :D J/P
I don't see how you think im some kind of ass just because I said "Don't waste your time with Magnaflow or Dynomax." That is my opinion im not saying that it is a fact but, Remus does make a better muffler than Magnaflow and Dynomax. Also why would you say "Your SN says it all" what is that all about? Also Greg is not from W VA, he is from WV. Maybe you should take 6th grade geography over or something. So before you go talkin smack at least know what you are talking about.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts