SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I want for the turbo install is a ton of gauges. Boost, oil pressure, oil temp, air/fuel ratio, and exhaust temp (EGT) would be nice too. I know Autometer makes nice ones. I would want white faced ones that I can fit in a 3 tier a-pillar pod. I think I could probably get one gauge with say oil pressure on the top and oil temp at the bottom maybe? Are there any other combo gauges? I really want them all to be contain in the a-pillar pod and not have to sit one or two more on an odd place on the dash. Anybody got pictures of these as well?

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
the 94+ Integra Pods fit like **** on SE-R's. The 300z pods fit much better after hitting it with a heat gun to mold it to your A pillar. I posted pics of my setup to the main list along time ago. Here is the URL:

http://www.qnet.com/~joplinlov/gauges.htm

Frank
1995 200sx SE-R
JWT 100 shot

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would really like a 3 tier a-pillar pod, well hell 4 if they had them :)

Does anyone know if Autometer make dual gauges, like oil pressure and temp on the same gauge with a needle on the top and bottom or left and right? Or any other multiple gauges similar to this?

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Summit catalog costs money and I have none. Ah well. Guess the Autometer webpage will have to do. Durn summitracing.com makes you have to have a catalog to order online. HOw silly is that? If I have the catalog I'll just call. If the catalog was online I'd order online. Duh

·
Registered
162 Posts
I happen to have a Summit catalog in front of me.

8 pages of gauges

Autometers, VDOs, pods, even digital gauges (yuk - no offense to anyone who has them:)).

I wish I could list them for you. Maybe you could narrow it a bit? I know you want white...what else? Size?

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want the smaller diameter ones. Any way I can cut down on the number of gauges with multiple readout ones would be great. I don't know that I care for the non-mechanical extra-light ones that Autometer has. I was cheap, look good (white), and look good.

Maybe a digital one if they have all the things I want and is cost effective.

Is VDO a brand or type? Sorry I'm not very familiar in the gauge dept

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote: "I was cheap, look good (white), and look good."

I was talking to a customer while I was typing that, sorry :)

Should read "I want cheap, good looking (white), accurate, and long lasting."

·
Registered
162 Posts
Actually...I have never paid for Summit catalogs either...

VDO is a brand like Autometer. I have no experience w/either of them. My gauges are Greddy. I'm sure they all work fine.
The digitals are black face.

I see no "double" gauges.

>I don't know that I care for the >non-mechanical extra-light ones that >Autometer has.

Do you mean the Ultra-Lites? Without the Auto Meter Ultra-Lites the list is much smaller.

You can choose 2 1/16" or 2 5/8"

·
_______
3,640 Posts
I also get my summit catalogs for free. They just keep showing up in the mail 8\

I like the autometer phantom guages(2 1/16") I got from them. They light up they are white and the cost $37.95 for the mechanical oil pressure,$46.95 for the boost and $56.95 for the water temp. Shipping is free too! The # is 1-800-230-3030 ask them for a free catalog.

This is a picture of the boost guage.
http://people.ne.mediaone.net/mgoss/interior.html

Mike

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Check the archives....wait wrong place :)

What 4 guage? you living by the more is better idea there ben :). you have a lot of spare time so i say pull out the summit catalog or goto summit.com im sure they would have something of the sorts in there somewhere. and well summit is a cool catalog.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts