SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well you got to check out the new version!! it's bad ass. It will display boost,EGT (uses the same sensor as the Greddy EGT),A/F,RPM and some few other things I'm sure I am forgeting. It uses the new Bosh wideband so it's alot cheaper than his older version from what he tells me. I wanted to preorder one but he won't take my money yet :( says he is still waiting on a few more parts and playing with a few other idea's :( I can't wait!!! no more messy cluster of gauges hehe hehe low key for me. http://www.zeitronix.com it's on the main page

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
That is badass!

-Josh

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
That's tight Andy, I want to get that for the sentra LOL.

Yellow4g63 said:
Well you got to check out the new version!! it's bad ass. It will display boost,EGT (uses the same sensor as the Greddy EGT),A/F,RPM and some few other things I'm sure I am forgeting. It uses the new Bosh wideband so it's alot cheaper than his older version from what he tells me. I wanted to preorder one but he won't take my money yet :( says he is still waiting on a few more parts and playing with a few other idea's :( I can't wait!!! no more messy cluster of gauges hehe hehe low key for me. http://www.zeitronix.com it's on the main page

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
damnit, more choices. anyone wanna justify the differences between this and the lm-1. although the zeitronix is not as portable so i can't just grab it from mike, haha.

·
stirring but plain-faced
993 Posts
That looks very interesting. Any idea on what type of sending unit it uses for boost? I hope the unit is pretty cheap because things could start getting expensive when you have to buy the bosch WB o2 as well as and EGT probe. Damn i want this thing bad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, this is Zbigniew from Zeitronix. I noticed an interest in our new Wideband and hope it's alright with you to clarify some questions and post highlights of the unit without spaming the board.

Bosh LSU Wideband sensor included
EGT sensor is a standard K thermocouple, the same as for Greddy, Autometer and many more EGT gauges. You probably already have one.
We are still quoting couple different boost sensor. There is a straight correlation between sensor price and accuracy.
Aluminum display enclosure dimensions 4.7"x2"x0.9" , slightly larger than the LCD display itself. I haven't seen the LM-1 in person but I think LM-1 is larger. Can someone confirm that?
Display have a pick and hold feature for maximum Lambda, AFR, Boost and EGT values.

The Wideband driver box isn't much larger than a business card. It has following inputs/outputs:
Bosch Wideband O2 sensor
Serial data output for the Display
Serial data output for real time datalogging (PC laptop required)
RPM input
Throttle position input.
Boost input
EGT probe input

The datalogging software displays in real time and collects following data:
Lambda, range from 1.43 to 0.64 Wideband
AFR, range from 21.0 to 9.5 Wideband
EGT, range from 200C to 1200C
Throttle position %
RPM, range 0 to 10000

The price hasn't been set yet. We are waiting for some last cosmetic items to come together. We expect it to be priced competitively.

Thanks,
Zbigniew
www.zeitronix.com

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Don't forget me I'm on the list :D I can't wait to drop that thing in to my car. Ohh hey PsshhhgoesmySR20 do you know how to count? because you can start to count your days cause there Numbered! I'm going to OWN you in the 1/4 and on the FWY :cool:

·
B15 Bubble
608 Posts
Will you have some sort of software that will work on a handheld PC (I have an old one with windows CE I think)?

I think the LM-1 Unit has built-in memory that collects the data and then you can take the unit inside and download the data you your PC.

As for the size; The actual LM-1 unit is larger than your display screen. However the LCD display on the current LM-1 looks to be smaller than your display.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I like this thing and Im interested in getting one. What does something like this normally sell for? I really havent checked into these things that much.

·
master of nothing
2,231 Posts
i am intrested as well but the lm-1 is around 350 and with thte group buy it is around 300. I am sure this one will be more becuse it does more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Boost and EGT sensors are not required to read the AFR and Lambda values. However the sensors themselves are cheaper than boost and EGT gauges.
We expect Zeitronix Wideband AFR Meter to be priced competitively. The price will be announced soon. Also, we are open to the group buy.

Thanks,
Zbigniew
www.zeitronix.com

·
stirring but plain-faced
993 Posts
What is the projected release date on the unit, because i need to know if i should start selling some of my gauges now ;)

·
The Super Mechanic
645 Posts
what is the sample rate per seconds. The lm-1 is 12/sec

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

PSSSHHHGOESMYSR20 said:
That's tight Andy, I want to get that for the sentra LOL.

Hey Besh check the media section I got your run from the last fontucky even along with some old vids of my car. The media section in on this forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
AFR is being sampled close to 1000/sec. This is how fast the wideband analog output is changing. We do not offer internal datalogging which compromises sample rate versus log length. You need to use the laptop pc which has pretty much unlimited capacity (HD)

Thanks,
Zbigniew
www.zeitronix.com

·
Registered
634 Posts
I like this unit, only thing is, is the display, I would like to only display one large print measurment read out at time, for a quick glance while driving, is this possible??

1 - 20 of 41 Posts