SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 97 SE-R, it was used and didn't come with the remote for the doors/trunk/alarm. The funny thing is, AutoNation didn't even tell me that it had an alarm!

One day I unlocked my doors by reaching in thru my window, (yeah, I locked the door but left the window down) thus setting off the alarm. I was like, "Who the **** is honking at me?". I had no idea how to turn the bastard off!

So anyway, the point of the story is, does anyone know how I can replace the remote? Anyone else ever need to do that? Is it expensive?

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R
JWT Intake and ECU
DynoMax Muffler # 17287
Some other way too expensive Momo crap.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I planned on going to the dealership, I just thought others might have had good/bad experiences with this same situation....

·
Registered
56 Posts
my 97 didn't come with a remote, either. i think it was standard on the se-r's to come w/ keyless entry and an alarm. the ones on ebay i've seen were for 2000 sentras and the dude said it wouldn't work. let me know if you find out anything.
later
derek

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I probably saw the same one on E-bay earlier that you did.

I'm going to go by my local friendly Nissan dealer and see what's up. I'll post agian when I find something out.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
i'll sell you my alarm remote for $50 bucks..you will pay 90 if you get it from nissan. i got mine for my b-day. 90 bucks for it, $30 to program...but i didn't know how to program it then... it's easy as hell to program...want it?

------------------
Is that a honda? What is that silver thing?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to the friendly local Nissan dealership today and the remote is indeed 92 bucks and some change! YOINKS,Scoob!! At least the parts people were nice. Anyway, I had to turn it down.

SilverSx, your ride got wrecked,right? Is that why you are selling yours? I am interested, but I don't know how to re-program the remotes. How would you want to get your money? Maybe a money order?

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R
JWT Intake and ECU
DynoMax Muffler # 17287
Some other way too expensive Momo crap.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
i don't care how i get it really, as long as i do...so money order is cool i guess. reprogramming it is easy...if i recall, it goes...

get in, close and lock all doors.

insert and remove key from ignition 6 times in under 10 seconds..then the hazard lights will flash twice. then put the key in, turn it to "ON" and press the lock button on the remote. this sets the id code or whatever. easy as hell. i had to do it when the battery died on it once.

mail me [email protected] and we'll get **** sorted out about moneys

------------------
Is that a honda? What is that silver thing?

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
dealership pricing from up here wasnt as expensive as you think. I bought another one for my old se-r and it was around 50 bucks. I can check into it for you just let me know.

Mark Merliss
97 SR20 SE-R(pacific sun blue)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts