SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has one of those LCD remote starter alarms and he is willing to sell it to me for dirt cheap. My car however is an stick and I know you are not supposed to use a remote starter but I park on a flat surface and it can get cold as hell here. Can you wire one of these to work on a stick? I know our cars have the little button for the clutch to diable starting, but other than that?

·
Registered
441 Posts
It is very possible. I have it myself on my car. Awesome when in a hurry. Jus start it, brush your teeth, pack your lunch for work, and your gone w/ car already warmed up and waitin for ya! It's the ****!!

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
nigbot400:
It MAY be safER in your car than most - what kind of car do you have? The 200sx's have a netural safety wire - haven't looked at how it works - but you could tie it into say the hood safety shutoff wire....

Chris

·
SR20DE Driver
151 Posts
There are actually switches that you can buy that go on both sides of the shifter that you can install as well. That way if it is in any gear it will not start. That is the ONLY way I would suggest that you do it. I have been installing for 13 years and have heard way too many bad stories about someone else hitting the button and starting the car and BAM.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ok, before you jump on the remote start boat be carefull. I had a buddy with a bmw 5sp and he hit the button one morning and it drove its self across the lot and into a brick wall ( he left it in gear ). Ok just my imput.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts