SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Steve
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a squeaky aircon belt that is kinda pi$$ing me off.. my aircon doesnt work anyway so I dont really think I should replace the belt or retension it, what I am wondering is if I can remove the damn belt or does it drive anything else important?

It started squeaking after I did an oil change and when I removed the filter it driped a bit of oil down onto the belt..

Any advice apreciated..

·
Registered
421 Posts
At the moment I am running a shortened belt on my Alt and Crank. I bypassed the AC Compressor because the pulley in the compressor is shot. It's been like that for a few months now with no side effects at all.

Next step is to eventually remove the compressor and hardlines.

·
Steve
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats awesome.. I dont need the aircon at all - In the U.K its only warm a few days a year so cant really justify having it.. I would not mind to see how the whole A/C unit is removed because I am sure it would cut down on the weight a little..

@Thrive_808 do you have the length of the belt you are using mate? and I will see if I can source one out..

thanks

·
Come get your ham Tina!
380 Posts
i just did this not too long ago. you can look the part up for a 91-93 SER w/o AC and it will list the part. I used a Goodyear Gatorback 6PK825 or 4060325 <= 4 is the belt type, 06 is # of ribs, 032 is length in inches, and 5 is the # after the decmilpoint. So 6ribs, 32.5in long. The 6PK825 is metric. 6 ribs 82.5cm long

1 - 4 of 4 Posts