SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my car from the muffler shop with the Remus muffler installed. Wow, Remus knows what they are doing. Its nice and quiet cruising around but when you punch it it goes down deep then gets higher and higher until redline. It is the best sounding 4cly I have heard. Nice and deep and throaty like a M3 or V6. Its the perfect amount of noise level also. I bought the muffler from ebay for $150, it was made orginally designed for the Eclipse. For anyone wanting the perfect exhaust muffler for their sr20, Remus is the muffler for you.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
^^^Agreed. I had a Remus muffler on my 91 SE-R with all the bolt ons. It sounded GREAT - by far the best sounding muffler on a 4 cylinder I've ever heard.

I wish I could have kept it and put it on my B14, but I sold it while it was on the car.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
damnit, all these people saying how good the remus sounds on an sr20. I've been considering it heavily on my 240sx. anyone know how it would sound on a KA?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have Random Tech cat and 2 1/4 HKS Super Dragger piping. My muffler is a twin tip. For your 240sx it would be awsome, probably even deeper. I would def get one. You will love it. Ill try to get a video clip of my car sometime in the next week or two.

·
I lika da turns
710 Posts
$150?!! All the ones I found were either $215 or $300. I might consider getting one if they were $150 but there's none at that price on Ebay. Anywhere else I could look? Thanks.

·
70/30 Racing
2,372 Posts
2 1/4" inlet?? I can't use that. Do they have at least 2.5? I'd like 3" though.
Nope....that's why hardly anyone uses them. When I was putting my exhaust together I was considering the Remus because of all the good things I heard about them, but I don't understand why they don't make anything bigger than 2.25.

On a sidenote: I love my Magnaflow set-up :D

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Since Remus makes these mufflers for high end turbo cars like the audi S4 and RS6, i bet you can call them and ask them for that muffler. It probably has a 3inch inlet or so. Or they will probably custom make one for you but it would probably be $$$$$$.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts