SR20 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can i find any "cheap" replacement air filters b/c mine detonated..long story its a stillen unit..and my air filter is burnt to a crisp...im ridding around with socks on my intake arm..

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
dude go to pep boys or autozone, relly cheap but good.

------------------
93 SE-R with 91 SR20DE. When you're driving an SE-R, you're living. Everything else is just waiting.

Thinkin of suspension....

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no..i dont wanna go with the stock unit again..just looking for the exact filter like that of my stillen unit..

G

·
Did you find a replacement filter? If you only have a 3" intake filter to replace, you can get a Hyper filter(loosa exactly like an RS Akimoto)for 29.00$ shipped.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Hes talking about replacing the large cone K&N filter that came with his $tealin intake. As for a replacement I dont know. Might be able to call them or JWT to see if they will tell you the K&N part number then you can go to like Advanced/Autozone/Pepboys and look to see if they have it, or can order it cheap for you. If not may be stuck buying it from $tealin or JWT, since they copied JWT exactly the loosers. or maybe fine a used one.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Out of curiosity, did anyone ever find out what the part number would be for this filter?

------------------
Kevin
93 Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

G

·
i hope you didnt use a Friut-of-the-loom sock. The carbon fibers are tightly woven.
You should go with either a Hanes or Wilson sock. They give about 4HP. Stay away from flea market "bag-o-socks".

------------------
"Spidey"
3x ex-Honda owner

·
Registered
513 Posts
Just so everyone knows, the part number for the this filter is RC-2960. FWIW, the reason I've been trying to find out, is because there is a very small hole on a fold on one part of the filter. I basically sealed it with some epoxy as a temp fix, but who knows how that will hold up......;(

------------------
Kevin
93 Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts