SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the sensor on my right front wheel. Are they something that I can just unplug the old and plug in the new? Does the ABS ECU need to be reset or something? Basically what Im asking is: is it a do-it-yourself job, or does it need to be done by a Nissan mechanic?

-jason

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jayac:
I need to replace the sensor on my right front wheel. Are they something that I can just unplug the old and plug in the new? Does the ABS ECU need to be reset or something? Basically what Im asking is: is it a do-it-yourself job, or does it need to be done by a Nissan mechanic?

-jason
</font>

You cdould do it yourself but be prepared to chisel out the old one and tap in the new one. It is a real PITA but definately a do-it-yourselfer.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yea you can do it yourself.
they are a real bear to remove from the retaining hole they are in. You may nee to remove the spindle assembly to get it out
(thet means getting an alignment done when you are finished). The abs computer should reset when you drive the vehicle for the first time and it runs through its self diagnostic routine (the light should go out)
if it doesn't, take it to your dealer and have them run a consult diagnostic, you may have mor problems. Be very careful if you have to remove the spindle, there is a tone ring on the drive axle for the sensor and on reassembly it may hit you new sensor, you get to start over again then.

------------------

·
TriniGT
1,003 Posts
Are these sensor quite sensitive? The reason I asked is because I tapped out the sensor from another Primera in the scrappy to replace mines but have yet to do so. I ha to tap from the inside of the spindle and the sensor tip is a little disfigured, not a lot but a little bent. As far as I know the sensore is just there to pass a signal to the teeth within the hub. Do you think that the sensor being a little tattered would be a problem or are they pretty rugged?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Those sensors are real sensative. You will have to try the scrappy one, but chances are that it's killed. ABS ECU does not need to be programmed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts