SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to do this on my '91 and was wondering if there is anything tricky or is it pretty straight forward? Who has done this already?

Jason

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'll be doing it in about 2 weeks maybe even the end of this week if I have the time. But hopefully someone that has already done it can speak up about it?

Mel

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
I did it a couple years ago -- it's pretty simple. The hardest part was trying to hook the cable up to the clutch pedal! The connection point is in an awkward location.

But it's something you can do in your driveway with regular tools.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

·
Registered
909 Posts
It is a pain in the ass to hook it up at the pedal side. You WILL cut your hand up. I did mine and it was not that bad then I did one on a classic and It was alot tighter under there.

MarC

G

·
Hi there Jason, How do you know you need to replace the clutch cable? Usually they snap then you fix them. Is it rusted, stiff frayed? Or are you just trying to be proactive. I don't fix things unless they are broken or I want to upgrade. That's what AAA cards are for. Kinda like taking the wing off your car. Get it man?

Later,
Andy

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by andymainer:
I don't fix things unless they are broken or I want to upgrade. That's what AAA cards are for. Kinda like taking the wing off your car. Get it man?

Later,
Andy
</font>
well unless you are rich or like being stranded, then usually you replace stuff before it totally goes on you.

G

·
Replacing that clutch cable is easy. I had to replace mines like two weeks ago because it snaped in half. The only hard part like it was mentioned before is to hook the cable on the clutch pedal, but overall it was real easy!
SE-R DRIVER FOR LIFE!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts